Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Vent for the transfer case
Correct, or for the front diff. There should be a plastic cap on the end to prevent debris and water from entering the transfercase/front diff.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
there should also be a little metal clip to position the tube in so it sits vertical facing up. The black plastic breath cap sits on top

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Looks too thick for a diff breather vent, certainly dosen't look like mine which is thinner and has a plastic tip and cap, suspect it could be the compressor air hose inlet which is normally attached to the side of the air box??

TonyB

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@seafarer28 Yes, I saw the clips on the side of the RHS air box... Or are you talking about the tube inlet to the airbox, the one with the green collar?

I think it may be the tube highlighted in red on this Google Image search, still not sure what it is though?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yes, the clips you mention are to hold the diffs breather pipe the same pipe you show in your new pics, without checking I did not think the end of the tube had a metal collar.

I thought what you were holding is the pipe (without the green collar on) which fits in side of the airbox (relying on memory here), do you have that one fitted?

Getting dark here now so can't check on mine but can do tommorow if you need.

TonyB

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Looks too thick for a diff breather vent, certainly dosen't look like mine which is thinner and has a plastic tip and cap, suspect it could be the compressor air hose inlet which is normally attached to the side of the air box??

TonyB
youve got a point there...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Im guessing but it looks like it goes to the front diff ???

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the clips you mention are to hold the diffs breather pipe the same pipe you show in your new pics, without checking I did not think the end of the tube had a metal collar.

I thought what you were holding is the pipe (without the green collar on) which fits in side of the airbox (relying on memory here), do you have that one fitted?

Getting dark here now so can't check on mine but can do tommorow if you need.

TonyB
Would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Some hints here. There are two breathers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. So it seems to be a breather of sorts, in any case I'm missing the cap. Will try to source one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts