Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
I recently purchased a '16 Touared Lux and am interested in finding out what this sensor is for. It is located on the right side lower grille(when seated in vehicle) near the front plate. Any info would be appreciated.

2012 Golf TDI Mid-Pack/ 2016 Touareg TDI Lux. Both are white.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Probably part of the Driver Assist Package (sonar-related).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have that package. It isn't the forward proximity parking sensor. A little stumped.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
No Lane Change Assist or Lane Departure Warning? I have no idea, then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I have the mirror mount lane change assist but that sensor is in an odd place for that.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
If you have an iPhone, check out the app Know Your VW. Some good stuff on it.

Reactions: Germarican

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, thanks. Didn't think it would be that due to the fact that it is extremely open to wind.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Its pretty visible on some models, somehow it works out in the open. In my 8k a4 i had to make opening in front of it to grille wind deflector or what ever its called. Otherwise it was not reading right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sweet, thanks. Didn't think it would be that due to the fact that it is extremely open to wind.

It needs to be open to the wind. That way it isn't influenced by the engine temp. Remember.... there is no "wind chill" on inanimate objects. The reason wind chill affects people is that the wind is removing warmth from your body. Regardless of how much wind there is, or how fast you are driving, that temp will only show actual air temp. The only variable would be how long it takes to arrive at that reading.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
definitely the air temp sensor

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
That is outside temperature sensor.
Correct, this is your Outside Air Temp Sensor. In the T1 & T2 it was attached to the central support in the middle of the radiator.

Stuart..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts