Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have a fixed 2013 Touareg. Recently brought it into an indy repair shop for a leak and oil change.
They found the egr was leaking coolant into the valley and the oil pan gasket was leaking.
Price on the repairs was mind boggling. I asked if this could be covered under the extended.
He called a Dealer and two days later came back with an answer that I cant seem to verify.
Among other things,If it has a gasket, on the motor its covered. If its anything to do with exhaust or emissions its covered.
Reading the legal mumbo jumbo online doesnt really answer.

Advice?

·
Registered
87 Posts
No mumbo jumbo- the oil pan gasket and the EGR leaking coolant are both covered.

Now why go to an independent shop for that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No mumbo jumbo- the oil pan gasket and the EGR leaking coolant are both covered.

What part of the TDI warranty would the oil pan gasket be covered under? I have a 2010 TDI going into the dealer tomorrow for a separate issue, but the oil pan appears to be leaking too. Would it really be covered under the long block?

I want to be ready incase I get pushback from service. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I have read on this forum if the dealership doesn't seem to want to cover likely warranty work, your best bet is to call corporate on the warranty hotline and they will usually straighten out the dealer.

I'm pretty sure this was covered pretty well on an EGR leak thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I only went in for an oil change. I knew I had a leak and if it was a $200 fix. ok! But they quoted $1400 since the motor has to lift off the subframe (they said)

·
Registered
87 Posts
What part of the TDI warranty would the oil pan gasket be covered under? I have a 2010 TDI going into the dealer tomorrow for a separate issue, but the oil pan appears to be leaking too. Would it really be covered under the long block?

I want to be ready incase I get pushback from service. Thanks.
The 10 year powertrain warranty only started for 2011 models and newer... sorry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer called. Getting all of it fixed and more under warranty. Found a trans leak too. All covered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gotta love a nice long powertrain warranty!

That's about 25% of my purchase decision process right there when I started looking for a TDI in July. Got mine with 15 months remaining on the bumper-to-bumper, 2 more years of Certified Pre-owned and my emissions and powertrain are covered until November 2027.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 10 year powertrain warranty only started for 2011 models and newer... sorry.
Are you talking about the TDI warranty that's linked above? The 2009-2010's have one that is identical. Unless there is some other warranty not related to the emission fix that I'm missing?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Are you talking about the TDI warranty that's linked above? The 2009-2010's have one that is identical. Unless there is some other warranty not related to the emission fix that I'm missing?
Powertrain Warranty & Extended Emissions Warranty are two separate things......

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 15 TDI has been in about 4 times, I struggled to have almost every single thing covered. Sensor Brackets, Adblue (which yes, its covered for free by warranty), acc camera, and a few more things. They make money of of service, especially when one of the new terrible 20k vw's comes in and they charge for whatever they can. Touareg's are ~$60k vehicles that have to go to a dealer who primarily deals with cars worth less than half of that. Great cars/brands can be easily turned horrible by service departments. If you give them enough of a fight they all give in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts