Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuareg VR5 2.3 liter 2006. automatic transmission goes into emergency mode. it requires adaptation and basic settings, but I have burned them and does not help, what errors on the engine can cause an emergency mode of the gearbox
there is only one automatic transmission error. the engine is not significant error

·
Registered
995 Posts
Tuareg VR5 2.3 liter 2006. automatic transmission goes into emergency mode. it requires adaptation and basic settings, but I have burned them and does not help, what errors on the engine can cause an emergency mode of the gearbox
Tranmission emergency mode is caused by transmission faults, not engine faults.

there is only one automatic transmission error. the engine is not significant error View attachment 238220
In the screenshot there seem to be two faults, with the first one masked out. Why?

Was the transmission (or the engine?) replaced or what?

Best send a full VCDS auto-scan as a text. Deliberately withholding information and not letting see us the full picture isn't really helpful. We'll know which faults to ignore and which not.

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
n the screenshot there seem to be two faults, with the first one masked out. Why?

Was the transmission (or the engine?) replaced or what?

Best send a full VCDS auto-scan as a text. Deliberately withholding information and not letting see us the full picture isn't really helpful. We'll know which faults to ignore and which not.
I didn't make a screen the second time, so the automatic transmission only made one mistake. and the error is not removed in any way. it requires adaptation or basic installations all the time. Can not be friends with the automatic transmission with the VR5 2.3 liter engine and the me7.1 ECU ?

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know. I bought a car with automatic transmission in emergency mode in 3rd gear and drove to the garage. perhaps the motor was changed by the previous owner

·
Registered
995 Posts
Can not be friends with the automatic transmission with the VR5 2.3 liter engine and the me7.1 ECU ?
I just realized that the VR5 2.3 is not actually a typo on your part, but you really have a 5-cylinder VR engine in your Touareg. Well, there lies your problem, because no Touareg was every built with this engine from factory. This has been transplanted from some other car (possibly from a Golf or a Bora), so, functionality might and will be limited between components, because they're just not designed to work together. That's also the likely reason why you have all those engine faults codes (which I though first was because of some cables not being connected or severed, but now I see it's because you've a completely different engine).

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then how to solve the problem with the automatic transmission so that it does not work in emergency mode? ECU VR5 2.3 communicate on the can bus with the automatic transmission ECU and each other should understand? what errors should be corrected on the engine so that the automatic transmission does not fall into an accident? maybe because the gas pump starts from the toggle switch, and not from the ECU, and the vacuum pump of the brakes is also disabled?

·
Registered
995 Posts
then how to solve the problem with the automatic transmission so that it does not work in emergency mode?
Provided the transmission doesn't have a fault on its own and is in fully working order, the answer is most likely: You don't. These units were not made to work together, and it's doubtful they can be made to work together. Mechanically you might be able to fit them together, or already did that, but nothing will work that depends on the electronic parts of these units working in tandem.

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but I bought such a Tuareg and it worked went perfectly on this engine, but then the engine ECU was flooded with water, since there was everything on the twists someone connected not hermetically, and the block was opened, but was poorly sealed with an old sealant. it was flooded and stopped starting. I changed the ECU to the same number and started having problems with the automatic transmission

·
Registered
995 Posts
The ECU obviously had some custom firmware on it (that's why it was opened), or who knows what, that allowed these units to work together, but the one you got as a replacement has a stock one, which won't work with this transmission. Whatever it was, this was a custom build, and nobody but the person who did it could give you any hints or tips on how to make it work again.

·
Registered
tuareg vr5 2.3 L 2006 y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the person who did this to the previous owner can not be found . and there is no way to download the program from the ECU, because the ECU does not communicate. ECU from 3.2 have the brand me 7.1.1, and this ECU me7. 1, so they must contact the automatic transmission of the Tuareg on the can bus . what could be changed in the program so that this contact with the automatic transmission occurred without problems?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts