Club Touareg Forum banner
141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Think of what perfection costs beyond the $5-600 that I'm sure a quality shop would charge just to do the bumper cover. Now it's perfect...and you want to keep it that way since you just paid to get it there. No parking lots, don't follow trucks too closely, woe on anyone who leans against the car and let's not forget the shrink visits to help you cope with becoming neurotic about your paint (AMHIK).

I have garage queen already, thanks :)
Everyone is different, I'm very OCD when It comes to my cars. Even my daily drivers they need to be as close to perfect as possible or I won't be happy. I always park far away, or I make a spot up front ;) Even some times on the sidewalk lol.

At the end of the day it's a Porsche, it deserves to be perfect. It's not a 96 Toyota Rav4.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
As they say "your car, your dime" :)

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
One blotch on this 911 deal Is that 1 of the 2 keys doesn't work at all (lights the dash but won't crank) and the car was represented as having 2 keys. the exact words were "got second key programmed" which means there has to be a first key, or so you'd think.

I can get it reprogrammed for $189 to start the car but the remote functions will never work so I'm looking at $350 for a new key head & programming. I raised this with the seller who up til now has been a prince and he replied that since he gave me a slight break on the price I can use that to get a new key.

I'm not shocked but it's not how I do business.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
lol. That's frustrating. What source did you use to purchase the car? Doesn't matter just curiosity

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Same rules for having a second key as applies to the Treg...don't be without it. I do have a good blade so it's a matter of the key head, the dealer fee and a possible tow. Not the end of the world.

I initially found the car on rennlist and then saw it again on the FB.

im sure he did not know the second key did not work so it's not like he tried to pull a fast one. Just not an honorable way to handle the issue.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
One blotch on this 911 deal Is that 1 of the 2 keys doesn't work at all (lights the dash but won't crank) and the car was represented as having 2 keys. the exact words were "got second key programmed" which means there has to be a first key, or so you'd think.

I can get it reprogrammed for $189 to start the car but the remote functions will never work so I'm looking at $350 for a new key head & programming. I raised this with the seller who up til now has been a prince and he replied that since he gave me a slight break on the price I can use that to get a new key.

I'm not shocked but it's not how I do business.
Why would the remote functions not work if you got it reprogramed?

I kinda understand where the seller is coming from. I mean as is, is as is. And if he didn't know about the key he's not going to send money back. I mean who would send money back on a used car.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I mean it sucks don't get me wrong. But this falls into a gray line, and if this is the only issue with the car I wouldn't let it ruin your moment with your new car.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
If you make an express written representation that something is included then saying it's "as is where is" isnt a get out of jail free card. By that logic what's to stop him from removing a spare tire or just putting bald tires on after showing it with good tires or replacing an upgraded head unit with the stock one ?

As is where is as far as hidden or latent defects or future occurances but "as is" includes what's seen and what you say is included when the deal is struck. Not fraud cause he had no intent so it's merely negligent misrepresentation.

if I sold you a house as is that had a fridge and the fridge was included then on closing day it was gone would you be like..geez, crap...but its as is ?ni doubt it lol

Again, I'm not in a knot over this. It's nickel and diming and it doesn't leave a good taste.

as for the remote I was told by a tech who does this and read it on rennlist as well..that if a key loses its program it can usually be made to start the car but the working remote is not a given. I'm waiting for the dealer to confirm in writing that if it starts the car the remote will work as well. If not I am as well get a new key and be done with it.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
If you make an express written representation that something is included then saying it's "as is where is" isnt a get out of jail free card. By that logic what's to stop him from removing a spare tire or just putting bald tires on after showing it with good tires or replacing an upgraded head unit with the stock one ?

As is where is as far as hidden or latent defects or future occurances but "as is" includes what's seen and what you say is included when the deal is struck. Not fraud cause he had no intent so it's merely negligent misrepresentation.

if I sold you a house as is that had a fridge and the fridge was included then on closing day it was gone would you be like..geez, crap...but its as is ?ni doubt it lol

Again, I'm not in a knot over this. It's nickel and diming and it doesn't leave a good taste.

as for the remote I was told by a tech who does this and read it on rennlist as well..that if a key loses its program it can usually be made to start the car but the working remote is not a given. I'm waiting for the dealer to confirm in writing that if it starts the car the remote will work as well. If not I am as well get a new key and be done with it.
From a legal point of view, He said it had two keys. It has two keys. Just because some interprets them both as working doesn't mean he represented them both as working.

It's not switching out parts, that's a different issue. But if you don't view the car ahead of time or if you do view it ahead of time and don't realize that something is working at the point of the sale, that's not on the seller. Same thing as if the radio worked at the time of purchase but stopped working as soon as it got to you, it's not on the seller.

As is, does mean as is. What you see is what you get. lol

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
And I'm sure I saw 2 working keys :)

end of rant. Thanks for indulging me lol

im now just going to burn the tread off these **** Falken tires so I can get the Michelin's she deserves....oh...and I used the treg to drag the e30 parts car on its belly out of the spare carport since we needed the covered spot. That was palliative :)

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
And I'm sure I saw 2 working keys :)

end of rant. Thanks for indulging me lol

im now just going to burn the tread off these **** Falken tires so I can get the Michelin's she deserves....oh...and I used the treg to drag the e30 parts car on its belly out of the spare carport since we needed the covered spot. That was palliative :)
I get your frustration trust me i've been there, just from a legal pov it gets weird. What is ethically right depends on the seller.

Better film those tires burning! Lol.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
I'm not going to litigate for $100 and it's funny you mention ethics. I had a business partner who said he had "flexible ethics". That didn't end well either lol.

Ordered a new key from Suncoast Porsche (an hour S of here) along with a storage tray to replace that stupid CD storage unit. I'll have lunch with an old friend while they program the key,mthen burn some more rubber. They only want $150 to program it which is $40 less than the local dealer where I bought my 996 new. I'm guessing they remember me :)

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I'm not going to litigate for $100 and it's funny you mention ethics. I had a business partner who said he had "flexible ethics". That didn't end well either lol.

Ordered a new key from Suncoast Porsche (an hour S of here) along with a storage tray to replace that stupid CD storage unit. I'll have lunch with an old friend while they program the key,mthen burn some more rubber. They only want $150 to program it which is $40 less than the local dealer where I bought my 996 new. I'm guessing they remember me :)
I think flexible ethics goes along the lines of how people approach the situation. If people are nasty or rude people will handle it differently vs if they approach with kindness. And every situation is different.

Glad it worked out. $150 is nothing for a key to be programed.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
If $150 is nothing can I send you my paypal info ? :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2008 Silver R50
113 Posts
To get back on topic … this is in my garage:
1928 Willys Knight 70A Special Six Tourer.

·
Registered
2008 Silver R50
113 Posts
141 - 160 of 175 Posts