Club Touareg Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Interesting follow up re getting the 911 from Texas to Florida. I engaged a broker who I was referred to and he put the order out yesterday at $650. It was accepted today for $675, is getting picked up from the seller on Friday and im expecting delivery Monday.

Cant really complain

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Interesting follow up re getting the 911 from Texas to Florida. I engaged a broker who I was referred to and he put the order out yesterday at $650. It was accepted today for $675, is getting picked up from the seller on Friday and im expecting delivery Monday.

Cant really complain
Not bad at all. I paid like 550 to get mine from NJ to NY in an enclosed.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
They actually picked it up today so should be here Monday. Moving fast !!

...and I was quoted $3200 for enclosed. For that much I'd have either done a fly n drive or rented a trailer and dragged it home w the Treg

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
They actually picked it up today so should be here Monday. Moving fast !!

...and I was quoted $3200 for enclosed. For that much I'd have either done a fly n drive or rented a trailer and dragged it home w the Treg
Congrats! Fingers crossed for you!

Enclosed is good, but I'm not sure if I'd do it again. When I shipped the Panny it was so tight that the guy had to clim though the window. ( Which isn't uncommon) But you gotta be careful driving bc these Porsches are prone to rock chips.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Leave it sitting in a garage and only take it out on Sunday mornings to go to Starbucks. ( Me LOL)
that sounds more like "don't drive it" rather than drive carefully....and if I went to Starbucks every Sunday a) I'd forget what unburnt coffee really tasted like and b) I might not be able to afford a Porsche !!

Beyond that I'm sure you agree that nice things are to be enjoyed :)

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
that sounds more like "don't drive it" rather than drive carefully....and if I went to Starbucks every Sunday a) I'd forget what unburnt coffee really tasted like and b) I might not be able to afford a Porsche !!

Beyond that I'm sure you agree that nice things are to be enjoyed :)
Lmaoooo.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
What a combo! Looks Perfect!!! Glad she got here safe and sound! How does she drive?
ok so get this...driver calls me at 847 last night and says he will be here in 35 minutes...so after dark. 34 minutes later he calls and says he's at the corner...can't turn on to our street cause the sign says "no big trucks full of nice cars". Who reads those...but anyway we take the treg up the block to meet the 911 (yes I know...no short trips but this was special), driver has it offloaded, I walk around it with my cell phone flashlight...yeah looks great here's your cash and a few extra $$ for putting it last on first off. Who knew that was the safest spot !!

Stuck her in the garage for the night, went shopping this morning for a fresh wash mitt and bucket, back her out, gave her a through wash and blow dry then put her back in the garage til we ere ready for our first drive.

we get in, turn the key, everything lights up...but starter won't engage. This was a high level WTF moment. I checked the battery...12.43 volts...should be enough right. I text the seller who has no clue. I'm thinking the starter lockout switch on the clutch pedal is acting up and then I have a brilliant idea to try the other key. BINGO !!

long story longer, I let the seller know this and he NOW remembers that his PO bought a new key and when he had it programmed he didn't have the spare. Seems the system assigns a new random code every time it programs a new key and if you don't have all the keys on hand they will no longer trip the immobilizer.

ok so now we are driving. It's been 15 years since I sold my 04 so my muscle memory was a bit faded...but it didn't take long. Honestly if I blind tested my old 996 with this one I might not be able to tell the difference. The car drives as it should. Pull hard when asked, is as docile as a puppy when instructed so, corners flat, sounds amazing and the only surprise (other than the key thing) was that someone actually rattle canned a section of the rear bumper just above the license plate and it looks like barf...but it's a driver...and it drives. Color be pleased :)

Truth be told it def looks better in my drive than the sellers

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
ok so get this...driver calls me at 847 last night and says he will be here in 35 minutes...so after dark. 34 minutes later he calls and says he's at the corner...can't turn on to our street cause the sign says "no big trucks full of nice cars". Who reads those...but anyway we take the treg up the block to meet the 911 (yes I know...no short trips but this was special), driver has it offloaded, I walk around it with my cell phone flashlight...yeah looks great here's your cash and a few extra $$ for putting it last on first off. Who knew that was the safest spot !!

Stuck her in the garage for the night, went shopping this morning for a fresh wash mitt and bucket, back her out, gave her a through wash and blow dry then put her back in the garage til we ere ready for our first drive.

we get in, turn the key, everything lights up...but starter won't engage. This was a high level WTF moment. I checked the battery...12.43 volts...should be enough right. I text the seller who has no clue. I'm thinking the starter lockout switch on the clutch pedal is acting up and then I have a brilliant idea to try the other key. BINGO !!

long story longer, I let the seller know this and he NOW remembers that his PO bought a new key and when he had it programmed he didn't have the spare. Seems the system assigns a new random code every time it programs a new key and if you don't have all the keys on hand they will no longer trip the immobilizer.

ok so now we are driving. It's been 15 years since I sold my 04 so my muscle memory was a bit faded...but it didn't take long. Honestly if I blind tested my old 996 with this one I might not be able to tell the difference. The car drives as it should. Pull hard when asked, is as docile as a puppy when instructed so, corners flat, sounds amazing and the only surprise (other than the key thing) was that someone actually rattle canned a section of the rear bumper just above the license plate and it looks like barf...but it's a driver...and it drives. Color be pleased :)

Truth be told it def looks better in my drive than the sellers
View attachment 245618
Seems like you got a nice transport guy! That's very rare in the industry lol!

You're so lucky that it was just the key not being programed! I woulda had a mini heart attack!. Gotta get that rattle can bumper fixed, it's too pretty to not be perfect. It looks amazing sitting in your driveway! I'm sure you're going to give her a great home! One never forgets that feeling of driving a Porsche. You feel like it's your first time over and over again!

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Think of what perfection costs beyond the $5-600 that I'm sure a quality shop would charge just to do the bumper cover. Now it's perfect...and you want to keep it that way since you just paid to get it there. No parking lots, don't follow trucks too closely, woe on anyone who leans against the car and let's not forget the shrink visits to help you cope with becoming neurotic about your paint (AMHIK).

I have garage queen already, thanks :)

121 - 140 of 175 Posts