Club Touareg Forum banner

what do you guys recommend????

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  enem178 
#1 ·
what navigation do you guys recommend????

Ive searched and search and I'm still confused! Maybe I can get a recommendation from someone who's been down this road? Also maybe something new has been developed recently that I don't know about.

Anyway I have a 06 Touareg with navigation. We all know how slow and laggy the system is so of course I want to upgrade. Basically I want something newer and faster with iPod connectivity thats plug n play and retains the MFD function and is an audio upgrade. Is this possible?

My last resort is to buy a real navigation unit and rewire the whole system but I damn sure want to avoid that!!!! Thx in advance

#2 ·
Always put the problem or need in the title of your thread. Then people who may be able to help can chime in and, later, others searching for help with the same problem might be able to find you thread.

#7 ·
Regrettably you only get 30 minutes edit time from when you start your post!

Never mind!

#4 ·
Ive searched and search and I'm still confused! Maybe I can get a recommendation from someone who's been down this road? Also maybe something new has been developed recently that I don't know about.

Anyway I have a 06 Touareg with navigation. We all know how slow and laggy the system is so of course I want to upgrade. Basically I want something newer and faster with iPod connectivity thats plug n play and retains the MFD function and is an audio upgrade. Is this possible?

My last resort is to buy a real navigation unit and rewire the whole system but I damn sure want to avoid that!!!! Thx in advance
I presume you have the RNS2 unit?
If so the best upgrade and to keep all function working as they should is to put in a RNS510 unit and a canbus 1.6 to 2.0 convertor then a genuine Bluetooth unit so you can stream music and fit a genuine reverse camera if you want.

Regards
Drag

#15 ·
I'm using the Parrot asteroid smart head unit in my 2010 and it work really well!

I installed it using a HFVT parrot harness so no wire were cut.

It's basicly a tablet with full function in your dash. Internet, google, facebook, waze app, Igo primo navigation, emails, text msgs, text-to-speech on pretty much everything, bluetooth streaming, usb connections ect...

You just need a dashkit to install

I highly recommand it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.