Club Touareg Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1229 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
The Hazards of hundreds of Km's of dirt roads towing a heavy Caravan around 3300 KG's . Photo taken outside Birdsville Western QLD Australia View attachment 238811
Autobahn tyres not really recommended out there. I guess these are the OE tyres? Dub

·
Registered
2019 Launch Edition White Sunroof Innovision
245 Posts
Autobahn tyres not really recommended out there. I guess these are the OE tyres? Dub
They were. Didn't go that well, so getting new ones today

·
Registered
48 Posts

Rental from 2 weekends ago. It's not as nose-low as it looks in this pic, but still needed some adjustment on the WDH. You get what you get on rental trailers. I'm guessing 6000-6500# with our crap in there. T3 was a champ. Got "AdBlue low" in less than 4 hours pulling it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just upgraded from my construction orange 98 C2500HD tow vehicle. I think I need to go to a zero rise mount instead of the 3/4" rise on there now. And being a 2011 it does have the flickering LEDs when the lights are turned off. But I can't wait to not drive my ****box truck 13 hours. I also need to invest in a tongue scale considering the different vehicles with vastly different wheelbases and weight distribution.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just upgraded from my construction orange 98 C2500HD tow vehicle. I think I need to go to a zero rise mount instead of the 3/4" rise on there now. And being a 2011 it does have the flickering LEDs when the lights are turned off. But I can't wait to not drive my ****box truck 13 hours. I also need to invest in a tongue scale considering the different vehicles with vastly different wheelbases and weight distribution.

Before:

After:
I know you from another forum. The Tex maybe?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Towing mostly empty 8.5x16 foot cargo trailer. Averaged about 14 mpg @ 60-65 mph. Nothing like pulling a 8 foot tall brick behind you.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I just towed my TT to storage yesterday in cool temps (-12c) without anything in it, so probably right around 4400 lbs. Using D and Cayenne coding, I got 15.9 MPG over the 75 mile pull. This was a 2.5-3 mpg improvement compared to pulling it full of camping gear in a hot summer day (30c) on the same route.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It says tdi on the hatch

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Lol np

1201 - 1220 of 1229 Posts