Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2008 touareg. Two days ago I had an accident. I was parked at the side of a two way drive (to take a call). I got hit from the front by a mini van. It must have been going at about 50-60 mph. I had a concussion only, luckily. The air bags did not deploy. One half of the car is completely destroyed. The insurance will cover the damages to the car, but I lost my phone, my laptop and my ONLY SET OF HOUSE KEYS! I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Call a locksmith.

Buy a new phone.

Buy a new laptop.

Buy another Touareg since this one saved your life.

And get a grip, man.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Nooby, you got that a little out of order...

first he needs to get a phone, so then he can call a locksmith, then he will need the computer to look for a new Touareg :)
LOL!!!:twisted:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks like the grip was applied.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am sorry for what happened. Are you sure the concussion is not still bothering you?

I would check to see what your options are with their insurance to see if they will cover your phone, laptop, and house keys. I think most insurance covers some personal items in a car up to a certain $ amount so ask your insurance first and then their insurance.

Then find a good attorney and do it the American way! Sue !!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Some light hearted replies I got here. Thanks guys. I got the contact of a locksmith from the reception.
There is a responsibility of the at fault party to make the injured party 'whole'. That involves much more than the physical injury (concussion) or the car (totaled) but also any other losses directly resulting from the crash. If the insurance co doesn't cover it, or tries to get out of it, then your lawyer should go after the owner of the minivan. If their insurance company still tries to evade their responsibilities then the state insurance commission should be formally notified.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you have to eat ****, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. Goes quicker."

:)
Life is like a S**t sandwich, the more bread you have the less S**t you eat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.