Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at either a 2015 execline or a 2014 execline R-Line. I remember in the past when building a Touareg online that the taking the R-Line option deleted the foot swing rear hatch opener but can't remember what else the R-Line came with over and above the execline. Can someone refresh me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pulled this from a Car Cost Canada quote when I was looking.

R-LINE PACKAGE -inc: Stainless Steel Pedals, R-Line Exterior Badging, R-Line Exterior Design Package, front and rear bumpers and side skirts, R-Line Aluminum Door Sills, R-Line Rear Spoiler, Sport Suspension, Aluminum Interior Trim, Remove Easy Open Function From Power Tailgate, Wheels: 20" Alloy Mallory, Chromed Oval Tailpipes, R-Line Sport Steering Wheel w/Paddle Shifters (P74)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Newmarketca,

This helps. I wonder how the sport suspension is compared to the regular execline suspension? Were you able to ascertain the difference? I will do some towing of a 6000 Lb load but not often. One thing is for sure I do not need paddle shifters and the rest of the package looks like just bling to me. I wonder how helpful the Easy Open Function Power Tailgate is. I remember a thread about it that most owners couldn't figure out how to make it work. Do owners now feel this is a worthwhile option?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It has been a while since I drove the non R lone Execline but I feel the beast is really very solidly planted. I bought the Touareg with the thought of towing. I eventually bought a 2015 Airstream 27FB trailer that sits at about 5600 lbs empty. If fully loaded it would come close to the towing limit at 7600.

My wife an I travel very light and had the hitch reinforced at CanAM RV in London Ontario. Andy Thomson is the hitch expert with folks travelling from all over NA to get him to set up rigs.

The setup on my TDI is fabulous - hardly know the silver bullet is back there. I usually lock out 8th gear and get great mileage.

PM me if you have any questions as there are lots of opinions out there.

Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
Curious, how do you lock out just 8th gear?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 3.0L V6 TDI lugs a little bit especially if you are trying to stay at 100 KPH (ST trailer tires are rated 65 MPH max speed) so it helps to keep the Touareg in 7th. I usually select sport mode and downshift one gear or use the paddle shifters. You need to remember the transmission will down shift if you reduce speed and you will need to upshift as you accelerate.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts