Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm planning to buy a 2012 Touareg TDI with over 160K on the clock. I noticed a weird noise from the engine bay in a number of Touareg. You can see the video below:

Is it normal?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Possibly leaking fuel injector seals? Not uncommon with high mileage. Front ones usually first to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Maybe it is that but I feel the noise is coming from the shiny silver part just before the intake. It's a bit far from the block and the injector I think.

technicians said that it is the result of leak in the turbo hose (you might be able to see the tear in the video just before that noisy part). Other people said this is normal noise while idling. :confused:

Possibly leaking fuel injector seals? Not uncommon with high mileage. Front ones usually first to go.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are serious about this Treg. and the owner is willing, why don't you have it evaluated by VW dealer or some reliable Mechanic, it will be the best option and money well spent to avoid any future hear and head aches.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are serious about this Treg. and the owner is willing, why don't you have it evaluated by VW dealer or some reliable Mechanic, it will be the best option and money well spent to avoid any future hear and head aches.
Im definitely serious about it. Indeed, as soon as they finish replacing a couple parts, I will be able to show it to a mechanic I trust. And of course, a full diagnostic.

Just wanted to seek the opinion of owners/mechanics/geeks on the forum. Maybe this is totally normal on a cold engine at idle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up passing on this vehicle and taking a lower mileage 2011 unit.
The car in the video needed a lot of fixing to be made road worthy. Dealer decided to inflate the price to cover his cost, encouraging me to go somewhere else. Photos and posts about the new car coming soon.

As for the noise near the butterly part, this is common to post fix all Gen 1.2 V6 tdi.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts