1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
update*
so heres the noise as audible from inside the cabin
the noise is definetly at its loudest near the central transmission tunnel

Hi All!
So this is an issue that has troubled my treg for the best part of about 2 years and 20k miles

heres a video of it:

The noise develops once the temperature drops below 20c, or 68 F. The noise in the cabin sounds like a low pitched clicking noise coming from underneath the rear bench, and is audible from the outside as that clicking sound in the background. The noise disappears once i press on the accelerator, which leads me to think its a fuel pump related issue. Both of the 2 dealerships that i have went to said thay couldnt figure out what it was, which makes me all the more suspicious that its just a job they didnt wanted to do since the noise was clearly audible to the service manager when i dropped off the car. Any inputs? The noise is really driving me nuts.

· Registered
2015 V6 FSI Lux
51 Posts
Is it audible on the inside with your windows closed? Or is it mainly from outside or of you have windows open listening for it?

· Registered
2015 V6 FSI Lux
51 Posts
audible from inside as well, just updated a video of the noise inside the cabin
That interior video is much more obvious. That is definitely not normal, however sounds like an exhaust piece is vibrating something/somewhere. So not a mechanical fault but more likely tracking down the loose part and securing it. Grab a oven glove and see if holding the pipes at different spots stops the noise.

Reactions: 14Vr6Treg

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That interior video is much more obvious. That is definitely not normal, however sounds like an exhaust piece is vibrating something/somewhere. So not a mechanical fault but more likely tracking down the loose part and securing it. Grab a oven glove and see if holding the pipes at different spots stops the noise.
thank you, I was thinking is something were to go wrong it would have revealed itself in the last 20k miles or so. Will give it a go next oil change when I get to jack it up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts