Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been beat to death but I have a question. I believe my car has the heater because I have an extra pipe below my driver's side door that never has anything coming out of it. It looks similar to the kits that I've seen on eBay and other sites. I have the 4 zone climate control with heated seats in the front and back, so I assume that I have the cold weather package. I live in Germany and it's getting pretty cold now so I'm noticing the increased starting times and how much longer it's taking to warm up and the fuel it uses to warm up. I don't have the remote to turn it on and asking the previous owner is a waste of time. I just wanted to get some opinions before I head to VW tomorrow to possibly order the remote that I think I need. My Egg is a 2005 V6 3.0L.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
There should be a Webasto sticker on the door frame somewhere.

Also, when you are at your VW dealer, ask them to run off the build sheets - also known as the data sheets - for your car. Depending on the number of extras this will be several pages of A4 that lists everything your car was built with.

Every Touareg owner should be asking their dealer for these.

There is also a build sheet sticker on the driver's side [LHD - pax side for RHD] of the steel boot/trunk floor with all the build codes. You will need to find the codes list on-line to translate what they mean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nooby, thanks again for the great answer. I saw the sticker so that tells me that my suspicion was confirmed. I'll head to the dealer tomorrow and see what I need to get the heater going. I hope it'll be easy to get a remote working for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And one more question, do I need the original radio system in my car? I replaced it with an aftermarket system and I was wondering if I needed anything else besides the remote that I saw in the owners manual that can be used since I don't have the timer in the headboard

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't help on the radio.

Needless to say, beware dealer prices.

You should have a reasonably local Webasto agent was can service these units: I think they would be my first post of call.

Normally, as winter temperatures aprpoach, the Touareg websites get first posts from new members concerned about steam coming out from under the front of their car - the Webasto exhaust!

The fact you don't have this indicates your unit may need either a new fuse, or a new circuit board, or a new burner, or all three!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can't help on the radio.

Needless to say, beware dealer prices.

You should have a reasonably local Webasto agent was can service these units: I think they would be my first post of call.

Normally, as winter temperatures aprpoach, the Touareg websites get first posts from new members concerned about steam coming out from under the front of their car - the Webasto exhaust!

The fact you don't have this indicates your unit may need either a new fuse, or a new circuit board, or a new burner, or all three!
I'm sorry, but what are you talking about Webasto heater, are you telling us there's a diesel heater in our cars?

Smooth throttles and fantastic fun wheelies!

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
984 Posts
I'm sorry, but what are you talking about Webasto heater, are you telling us there's a diesel heater in our cars?

Smooth throttles and fantastic fun wheelies!
It's an option in some markets, I've got the option on mine - it might be standard in cold climate regions, eg Scandinavia.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It was standard on T1s and T2s in many markets. Deleted on the T3 and T4 except as an option in some markets and was replaced by an electric heater of some kind.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It was standard on T1s and T2s in many markets. Deleted on the T3 and T4 except as an option in some markets and was replaced by an electric heater of some kind.
Texas didn't get this. Go figure. I know cause my Treg was sold in Texas then made it's way to Canada.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts