Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a full set of WT Mats from a fellow member. The rear mats for the back seat have a female circular recess where a male knipple I would think would puzzle in and secure them in place like the front mats. However the male knipple area is flat unlike the fronts. What am I missing here? The mats puzzle into the floor very tight and securely but having the backs like the fronts where they would "pop" into place would be more secure. Thanks

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Did VW get rid of the ability to secure rear mats? That's strange. No area on the floor in the back to secure? Did your '14 come with Monsters Mats? If so, how do those secure to the rear floor?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silly me the thin carpeted mats snapped into the nipples on the floor. I popped them out the weathertech mats recess for the the nipple it is not a snug fit and slides around. Missed on this design weathertech. I will cut some adapters to sit on the carpet with velcro to take up the play. Anyone need 4 adapter sleeves to do the same let me know I will ship ya some. PM me.

Otherwise the fit on the frone back and hatch area is exact. Thanks Fincher!

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,415 Posts
I have a set of RHD Weathertechs - the rear is common with the LHD version - had to specify 2014 to order them for my 2016 but they fit perfectly, with no movement - the fronts clip onto the nipples vacated by the OE carpet mats and the rears are kept in place simply by being the right shape! These are for 2-zone climate, not 4-zone climate, to be clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.