Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2016 Lux and I've noticed that when it gets to be 90-95 degrees and the car has been running for a while, the AC gets very weak.
Even set on high, the blower moves very little air and the air isn't terribly cold. Even with the AC set on recirc and the fan on high, it can't keep the temperature in the cabin cool enough for me.
Is this typical behavior for a Touareg, or should I have the dealer take a look at it?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I suggest you get a thermometer and put it on the vents one by one to determine if any or all are not outputting the right temp set on the ac control module before hitting the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
VW as of late has had terrible HVAC systems. My 2016 Golf R that I bought new had atrocious, barely usable AC. It took forever to become cool, and never became cold. VW said it was "within spec". My 2015 Touareg is nearly the same. The Americans have generally always had great AC systems. My friends 98 Windstar blows ice cold AC immediately upon activation, and it's the original charge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a new to me 2016 Lux and I've noticed that when it gets to be 90-95 degrees and the car has been running for a while, the AC gets very weak.
Even set on high, the blower moves very little air and the air isn't terribly cold. Even with the AC set on recirc and the fan on high, it can't keep the temperature in the cabin cool enough for me.
Is this typical behavior for a Touareg, or should I have the dealer take a look at it?
I have a 2016 tdi and it blows cold enough to freeze my hands even in 95 degree weather that we have had as of late. It also blows very hard, sounds like a jet on maximum velocity. I wonder if you need to check the cabin filter? How many miles on your car? Maybe it was driven in dusty areas and has clogged the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Brobb
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing