Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang. I have a 2008 Touareg II, and I've not been driving much recently,(close to things so I walk a lot). Anyhow, the last few times I've driven, I can hear an audible sloshing around sound of what I'm assuming is water coming from my passenger side... I've swung around the doors to see if I can replicate the sound or find where it's trapped, but nothing! Any hints here?! It's gonna freeze soon, and I don't want standing water sitting in the truck. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well known issue that you would already know about if you had read this thread carefully:

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

Get down on your hands and knees and look on the underside of the curved panel that runs along below the doors known as the door sill.

You will see three rubber grommets.

Remove one on each side of the car and throw it away.

Trapped water will be released and the door sills will never fill again. They are well protected with thick wax.

And, no, no one knows how the water gets trapped!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
To keep the water in so, in later years, people come on to Touareg forums to ask why they can hear sloshing sounds when they brake and accelerate . . . and to ask why the grommets are there!

On later models, the grommets have a tiny drain in them but then these get blocked with the rustproofing wax they inject into the sills!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts