Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It pays to know your warranty
Extended Emissions Warranty Coverage
Once the updated emissions control system software has been installed in your vehicle, Volkswagen will extend your Emissions Control Systems Warranty for certain emissions-related components.
For the following Volkswagen 3.0L TDI engine vehicles that receive the approved emissions modification recall, a warranty extension is applicable as defined below:
 2011 to 2012 MY Volkswagen Touareg with engine code CATA Warranty Period The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” shall be the greater of:
 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date;
OR
 4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage at which the emissions modification was performed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Unfortunately it doesn't pay if it's expired. Called and confirmed again with another dealer. It expired last month for time and in November for mileage (or visa versa). Either way, it's expired.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No, it was the "4 year or 48k" part, I just checked Emissions

Quoted from the site:
In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 4 years or 48,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification. Your vehicle was modified on Sep 4, 2019 and 41,667 miles. Please see your VW dealership for additional information on the vehicle's post-modification dealer re-sale date.

I'm sure mileage wise when I bought it, it was close, if not already over the 89,667 miles mark.

So, 4 confirmed No's. I'm not going to seek out anymore ways to be denied today. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
There would be no need for the 4year/48k miles extended warranty after the emission fix was done then. You have 10years/120k miles to have the initial emissions fix done, then the 4year/48k miles warranty starts from that point to cover the fix. Is that not how the warranty works?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts