Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Isn't the problem 994runner describing different than the one described in the PDF file? There seems to be two very different water problems reported in this thread. Water inside the rocker panels, and water in front of the firewall, far down under the windshield as the PDF file demonstrates where the water drains out from.
No, as he's confirmed it was indeed water in the plenum chamber in front of the windscreen and that seems to be caused when anyone regularly parks their car under or near trees. The leaves simply drop into the chamber and eventually rot down, thereby blocking the drain. A fine mesh on the grille at the base of the windscreen would stop this, yet still allow the heater to draw air satisfactorily.

Yes, there are two totally different problems.

And, no: no one yet has come up with an answer about the water in the door sills . . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many thanks to the forum had water in passenger footwell had a mechanic to clear the drain holes under the wheel arch but still damp in the footwell.after reading the forum I discovered the grommets under the sill removed them and was amazed how much water was being held in there, finally seems to have sorted the problem :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I have not known the damp footwell problem to be cured by removing the sill grommets.

Check that your floor really is dry as serious damage can occur to the electrics and ECUs if not.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
wattsie217 said:
I have checked and still seems a bit wet I have cleared the drains under the wheel arch any idea what I can do next
Make sure the foam under the carpet is 100% dried out first, before concluding there is still a leak. You will be surprised how easily that foam soaks and travels if there is even the smallest puddle lurking under there. Your best bet is to park on a slight incline, nose down, lift up the carpet, and stick a hair dryer under there at low heat, high fan speed setting for a few hours. Make sure something is holding the carpet up, so that evaporation can easily occur.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going to try and get my hands on a wet vac in the morning and try and get as much sucked up poss what is the best way to get the carpet up please

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Going to try and get my hands on a wet vac in the morning and try and get as much sucked up poss what is the best way to get the carpet up please
Peel back from the front, beginning al the way up the passenger footwell. Not sure if this is the case with drivers side.

A shop vac will help if you have actual standing water once the carpet is peeled back and lifted, and if the foam is dripping wet. Warm air will be needed to dry out the foam, otherwise you are looking at weeks of waiting for it to dry up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still having problems with dampness in the front passenger side and rear passenger side can't understand where it is coming from any ideas would be greatly received :-(

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have cleared the drains that come out under the wheel arch and taken the plugs from side sills and replaced them not sure what else I can do

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you checked that the pipe that removes the condensate form the aircon system is draining to the outside of the car?

Have you got a sunroof? If so, have you checked those drains too?

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you posted on the UK Touareg site www.mrtreg.com as well?

From memory, if you sit in the passenger seat [RHD car], the pipe is to the right of the footwell running down in the corner concealed by trim and you'll then need to be on your hands and knees looking right into that corner to find it if I've remembered correctly.

I've seen a picture and a diagram somewhere.

Try using the search facility on this and the other site as well.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts