Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I purchased 2007 T2 Touareg V6 FSI.
This car is going back to dealer tomorrow for steering wheel column repair as it does not fully rise as it is supposed to.

And now I found another issue that there is a leaking found from engine block.
This wasn't the draining from Aircon as the leaking was a bit of brownish color (like engine oil) and it left stain on the surface where the car was parked.
The fluid is not like an oil but still leaves a bit of brown stain..

I had a look at the bottom of the engine and tried to find where this leaking was coming from.
The water was dripping from behind of pulley as attached picture.

Is this water pump failure?
The leaking happens intermittently and I found the coolant level is lower than minimum level so I was worried if this is water pump failure.

I talked to my mechanic friend about the symptom on the phone and he says a high chance of water pump leaking by the location of leaking.

I still have 3 months warranty left on this car as second hand but am kinda stressed how I am gonna deal with the dealer.

Can anyone please advise if this is water pump failure and how to deal with dealer to get this fixed under warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Jin

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CUE3mZ][/URL]

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Just tell the dealer you think you have a water pump leak, give him your two photos, and let him get on with it!

You might want to consider extending your warranty with a reputable company too.....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Gather some up (collect it) and smell it. Coolant has a distinct odor....note VERY poisonous too. Also feel it between your fingers. Ethylene glycol (coolant) is very slimy...a/c runoff can be very dirty for many reasons, but should be no place as slimy as coolant.

As a positive your FSI has a timing chain not a t-belt, this means a water pump is pretty easy and inexpensive compared to perhaps past VW water pump experiences.

Lastly, A/C runoff will come from multiple places. Your dash has a drain as well as excessive moisture running off a/c compressor itself (think cold can of soda meeting warm air). These Treg's make a lot of a/c related water when they have been running in a humid climate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts