Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

I've got a little problem that I think someone here can help me out with. Apparently I have water leak under the door that is getting into the frame. When I pull out I can sometimes hear water sloshing and I think I have identified where it's getting in at. So first here is a photo of my 04 V8:

This next photo shows where I think it's getting in at. Looks like I have a piece of trim that has come lose...

In this last photo you can see the holes where the molding should be attached but isn't.

So my question is now that I have identified where the water is getting in at how can I get it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jody

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Jody - Welcome to the board - Nice Treg! It's been quite a bit since I've been under my Treg in the rocker area as I have full coverage of this area by the running boards I have installed. However, there are usually rubber plugs that allow the factory to spray rust inhibitors and such inside the panel/rocker. If you lay on the ground and look upwards see if you see a rubber plug or two OR if you see a hole, perhaps one is missing and thus where the water is getting in. There is a plastic panel under the vehicle that covers some of this area, I don't know if you'd need to remove such to see more or not.

If the water sound started to come after the side body trim popped off then the water could be getting sucked in while driving - high pressure to low pressure when driving in rain. Try and get the trim back on with the correct fastener/s to prevent such.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V10, thanks for the info! I just went out and found the plugs and was amazed at the amount of water that came out. I'm putting the Touareg in the shop next week for a timing belt change so I'll get the molding ordered to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for your quick response!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Just leave the middle plug out on each side. It's what a number of us do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With regards to those trim pieces.....my passenger side driver's piece is falling off. Anyone know if I have to replace the whole thing or if I can just buy the little white clips?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Hi, you can buy the white trim clips P/N 7L0853547A. I purchased mine from Zeb at The VW Parts Store for $0.61 each.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
..............If the water sound started to come after the side body trim popped off then the water could be getting sucked in while driving - high pressure to low pressure when driving in rain. Try and get the trim back on with the correct fastener/s to prevent such.
I'm assuming then or even just questioning, will the trim piece with the correct fastener provide a full 100% seal from deep water treading? Here is a picture of Yeti's adventures.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts