Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2016 MY17 V6 TDI Canyon Gray Metallic
355 Posts
I were only looking into this again myself, I was surprised there hasn't been enough interest to find a reliable source to supply the part.

I reached out to a few sellers on Aliexpress to see if they could source the part from a local VW dealer in China. One of them so far has confirmed and just added the 7P6805762 to their store.

For any of the Australian owners or possibly more Perth owners that are keen on doing this. Let me know and I'll reach out to the seller again. Maybe we can do a group buy to save some costs, particularly on freight.

AU $70.66 | Car air intake water baffle for Volkswagen touareg 7P6805762

Look at Postage costs now .

·
Registered
2017 Wolfsburg 3.0 TDI
44 Posts
I were only looking into this again myself, I was surprised there hasn't been enough interest to find a reliable source to supply the part.

I reached out to a few sellers on Aliexpress to see if they could source the part from a local VW dealer in China. One of them so far has confirmed and just added the 7P6805762 to their store.

For any of the Australian owners or possibly more Perth owners that are keen on doing this. Let me know and I'll reach out to the seller again. Maybe we can do a group buy to save some costs, particularly on freight.

Plus one on the east coast if possible

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
123 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

Shipping is a deal breaker to Mexico. I'm going to take the part number into a dealer here and see if they can order it.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
123 Posts
It almost makes one want to invest in a 3D printer and start producing these here for the local market.
I feel like Steve may have mentioned once before he was going to look at completing this or knows of someone that has a 3D printer, or at least so he could reverse the deflector design and fit it on the LH airbox for the V8 R line. Unsure where he got to with that though.

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
178 Posts
The vertical Air intake "Horn" is a shocker of design for the Engineering proud Germans. Let alone the problematic dribble valves. One tip - recycling a plastic straw for the hard to reach initial valves. Poke a 2" 50mm length just through it, and tape it there. The straw will close on a strong venturi thus not suck water in from pothole splash, but let water out.

As for the "Horn" - I'm looking at a 4/5" 100-150mm lenght of
Z section of aluminium and tekscrew or 3M tape it above the 2 Horns on my V8s.
Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Laptop accessory Metal

·
Registered
2015 R Line V8
2,970 Posts
I feel like Steve may have mentioned once before he was going to look at completing this or knows of someone that has a 3D printer, or at least so he could reverse the deflector design and fit it on the LH airbox for the V8 R line. Unsure where he got to with that though.
I haven't progressed any further, BUT I was talking to @snodrogs today about this.
Once the grandkids go back to school, I will have a little bit of free time to start "asking around".

I do not have any leads as to who to ask, and I am somewhat skeptical that a 3D printing "company" may baulk at it, for fear of copyright. Doesn't matter, doesn't cost anything to ask.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
123 Posts
Before I placed an order on Ali express, I confirmed with my local VW dealer parts department and they confirmed they can order in the 7P6805762.
It has to come direct from Germany at a cost of $82.28. Anyone else interested may as well order from your dealer to at that price.

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
123 Posts
@improve Can you confirm, the idea of a group purchase is gone? You are going it alone?
I haven't ordered yet, but It appears at this price from the dealer, it will be more cost effective and cheaper. I'm not sure how much interest there really is besides a few of us so far?
The sellers on Aliexpress dont apply a reasonable discount on this kind of stuff unless it's a bulk order, upwards of 20 plus. I'm sure they would do slightly better pricing if there was 5 of us interested but that may not even break even with the dealer price of $82.28

To order 1x off aliexpress at current pricing
7P6805762 = $76.52
Tax = $11.69
Shipping = $41.44

If I ordered 5x
7P6805762 = $382.58
Tax = $45.88
Shipping = $45.88

·
Registered
2007 Touareg tdi, air suspension, etc
142 Posts
As for the "Horn" - I'm looking at a 4/5" 100-150mm lenght of
Z section of aluminium and tekscrew or 3M tape it above the 2 Horns on my V8s.
Anyone with a home sheet metal bender (Pan Brake) could bend one up to any custom size out of SS. You could buy one new from about AU$400 and with a few participants it would break even.

·
Registered
2015 R Line V8
2,970 Posts
I've spent quite some time over the past 24 hours "chewing the fat" with this matter:
1) examining the images of the Aliexpress (Left Hand Side) fitting, and wincing at every obtrusion, angle etc. I believe that a 3D printing company could replicate the fitting in a reverse pattern.
2) there is quite a number of businesses here in Perth WA who offer such a service, BUT, when you take into account R&D, (potentially) multiple (more than one) print efforts to get it right, I fear the cost may be too much, especially if it turns out to be a low volume production run.
3) @brickwalls suggested a small Z section of aluminium. And I am warming to that solution.

I'm going to talk to someone (who has the equipment and the know-how to do it) on Thursday.

I went around and saw @JET13 and the work he has been doing getting his 2013 V8 R Line back on the road. Fortunately for me, he had the front bumper/grill off, and the open orifice of the air intakes were clear to see:
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle door Gas

·
Registered
1 Posts

Am in Qld and are definitely interested in the baffle, do they have kits for the V8 with a LH & RH Baffle

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
178 Posts
Dam it! I say.
Sometimes simple is simple.

Divert the flow by damming it before the hot spot.
Here is the old V8 undressed. I've pointed to the Intake Horns and where the dribble enters via light assembly. [Just Magic Engineering - 😕 hmmmmm.]

I suggest the least invasive fix is adhesive door seal. No need to undress the Touareg unless you're keen to remove a locust swarm from the intercoolers & rad (originally why the front clip was off).
Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire
Bumper Rectangle Automotive lighting Eyewear Tints and shades

By placing 2 strips of door seal across the light one at inner end & the other to the between the lights. I don't think the stream volume would be enough to interfere with the lighting, but maybe leaf tannin deposit buildup would. V6 2 strips for good measure on top of the left light assembly, & V8 2 each side. It'll cost the same as minimum length order is 1mt.

VW Australia - yous owes me 🤓

21 - 40 of 73 Posts