Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a reminder to be very careful when buying/selling items posted on the forums. In response to my own WTB posting, I just received the following scam reply (shown below). It stood out as a scam because it is an alleged UK seller offering a US Spec Navi, and a quick Google search of the provided phone number also showed it to be a scam.

Unlike eBay, you have no recourse if you lose your money to a bad transaction or unscrupulous seller on the forums. I learned this the hard way when a very reputable member of this forum sold me an expensive non-working piece of equipment, promised to make it right, had me spend even more money shipping it back to manufacturer, and then played a vanishing act (although he is still active here).

Here is the message I received from scammer.

--
Hello Mate,

This is Andrew from the United Kingdom.Kindly let me know if you
still need to purchase item as stated in your ad as I have for sale.
Condition is good and excellent.You can reach me on +44702 406 1480

Many Thanks
Andrew Norwich
Manchester,United Kingdom.

----------------

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
I'll sticky this thread for the time being. ALWAYS be vigilant when buy thru this or other forums. You know what they say about a fool and his money . . .

If any member notes ANY SUSPICIOUS account activity, report the post immediately and the moderator staff can handle it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi All,

Just a reminder to be very careful when buying/selling items posted on the forums. In response to my own WTB posting, I just received the following scam reply (shown below). It stood out as a scam because it is an alleged UK seller offering a US Spec Navi, and a quick Google search of the provided phone number also showed it to be a scam.

Unlike eBay, you have no recourse if you lose your money to a bad transaction or unscrupulous seller on the forums. I learned this the hard way when a very reputable member of this forum sold me an expensive non-working piece of equipment, promised to make it right, had me spend even more money shipping it back to manufacturer, and then played a vanishing act (although he is still active here).

Here is the message I received from scammer.

--
Hello Mate,

This is Andrew from the United Kingdom.Kindly let me know if you
still need to purchase item as stated in your ad as I have for sale.
Condition is good and excellent.You can reach me on +44702 406 1480

Many Thanks
Andrew Norwich
Manchester,United Kingdom.

----------------
Of course you have recourse the same as if you bought it on ebay namely paypal reversal and/or credit card chargeback. If you are foolish enough to send check/money order than you don't...

·
Registered
8 Posts
talking about scammers, got this pm:
emmanueldouglas929
Registered

Joined 22 h ago
0 Posts
Hi you can contact mark if you are still interested he has a for sale [email protected]

Sent from my TECNO LB8a using Tapatalk

Searching google, shows same methods, somebody just pm you to contact this mark to buy from him, this emmanuel guy just registered yesterday and it seems his ip is from Nigeria.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
@Steve_L
I've just got 4 PM's from people that have just joined and have zero posts.
To do with me wanting spares.
They all have an attached email address.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,939 Posts
@Steve_L
I've just got 4 PM's from people that have just joined and have zero posts.
To do with me wanting spares.
They all have an attached email address.
can you send me a PM with their details please (Username etc) or PM me a Screenshot of each profile.

Thankyou.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,939 Posts
and rec'd, thanks for your efforts. They have been disposed of. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts