Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a reminder to be very careful when buying/selling items posted on the forums. In response to my own WTB posting, I just received the following scam reply (shown below). It stood out as a scam because it is an alleged UK seller offering a US Spec Navi, and a quick Google search of the provided phone number also showed it to be a scam.

Unlike eBay, you have no recourse if you lose your money to a bad transaction or unscrupulous seller on the forums. I learned this the hard way when a very reputable member of this forum sold me an expensive non-working piece of equipment, promised to make it right, had me spend even more money shipping it back to manufacturer, and then played a vanishing act (although he is still active here).

Here is the message I received from scammer.

--
Hello Mate,

This is Andrew from the United Kingdom.Kindly let me know if you
still need to purchase item as stated in your ad as I have for sale.
Condition is good and excellent.You can reach me on +44702 406 1480

Many Thanks
Andrew Norwich
Manchester,United Kingdom.

----------------

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
I'll sticky this thread for the time being. ALWAYS be vigilant when buy thru this or other forums. You know what they say about a fool and his money . . .

If any member notes ANY SUSPICIOUS account activity, report the post immediately and the moderator staff can handle it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi All,

Just a reminder to be very careful when buying/selling items posted on the forums. In response to my own WTB posting, I just received the following scam reply (shown below). It stood out as a scam because it is an alleged UK seller offering a US Spec Navi, and a quick Google search of the provided phone number also showed it to be a scam.

Unlike eBay, you have no recourse if you lose your money to a bad transaction or unscrupulous seller on the forums. I learned this the hard way when a very reputable member of this forum sold me an expensive non-working piece of equipment, promised to make it right, had me spend even more money shipping it back to manufacturer, and then played a vanishing act (although he is still active here).

Here is the message I received from scammer.

--
Hello Mate,

This is Andrew from the United Kingdom.Kindly let me know if you
still need to purchase item as stated in your ad as I have for sale.
Condition is good and excellent.You can reach me on +44702 406 1480

Many Thanks
Andrew Norwich
Manchester,United Kingdom.

----------------
Of course you have recourse the same as if you bought it on ebay namely paypal reversal and/or credit card chargeback. If you are foolish enough to send check/money order than you don't...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts