Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi brains trust. I recently had an issue with my 2008 R50 where the washer bottle wouldn't hold water after the car came back from service. A few refills later and I noticed the sound of rushing water when I hit the brakes. Back to the dealer and they removed the drain plugs in the left hand side door sill and drained the sill. Suddenly the washer bottle leak was also fixed. My question is what is the rout the hose from the bottle takes to get to the washer nozzle on the rear window? It seems logical to me that they didn't reconnect the hose and somehow it filled the door sill, is this possible?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The windscreen wash piping to the rear window goes above the roof lining where it can freeze (if you haven't upped the winter concentration) and pop a connection thus allowing thawed out washer fluid to leak into the roof lining and down the side glass over the boot/trunk area on the driver''s side (RHD cars) or passenger side (LHD cars).

Water sloshing front to back in the door sills under acceleration/braking is a known issue (along with water in the plenum chamber/bulkhead and water in the spare wheel well!) and so is the fix of removing (and throwing away) one of the sill grommets on each side, but no one has ever ascertained how the water gets in there in the first place!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts