Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking to extend my warrantee. They said Fidelity was not exclusive provider of warrantees as they had issues with them. Now they had 6 companies to pick from depending on model and mileage. 3800 bucks with 10 k miles(I lied) actually has 17k was 3800 bucks. Sign me up...NOT. Gal was quick to hang up. I was transfered from department to department 3 times before I finally got a quote

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you sure it was really VW calling? As far as I know, automakers never do that. It was likely a 3rd party warranty dealer that got your info from a state registration database or other source.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I knew something was up called VW and warrantee is still thru Fidelity. I am holding off hoping some type of extended warrantee is offered as part of the Dieselgate settlement.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I get stuff in the mail all the time that looks like official recall notices or government alerts informing me that my warranty is about to expire (usually for a vehicle I haven't owned in years). Sometimes they call. Tell them you no longer own the vehicle and they'll go away quickly.

None of this stuff is from VW.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you sure it was really VW calling? As far as I know, automakers never do that. It was likely a 3rd party warranty dealer that got your info from a state registration database or other source.
I get a call at least once or twice a month. I kindly tell them I already have a policy, and they can't seem to get me off the phone fast enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts