Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 V10 done 214000k. Just driving, engine jerked, a warning light - yellow car with skid marks behind- came on and car would not go above 70k/h.
Picked up after a few minutes but light did not go off until I restarted the engine. Manual does not say what this light is. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like your Traction Control light - were you driving in clear road conditions or is there snow/dirt/debris? Do you know what preceded the engine jerk?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was nothing that would make me skid and I was only doing 80 on a windy, flat road. Possibly bit of lose gravel. If it was traction control is it normal for the car to be governed at 70 for a while?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its the ESP. If the light is solid and not blinking its means its deactivated or not working. I guess you didn't try pushing the ESP button?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't try pressing ESP button. To be quite honest not sure where it is. I will look tomorrow. Thank you for the help. If I didn't press the button does that mean it was temporarily not working?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The yellow symbol with skid marks indicates an issue with the traction control system. Sometimes it is a wheel speed sensor, sometimes the control module itself. If the light refuses to go away, and stay away, even after a reset with VCDS the issue is real.
The speed limiting feature is a built in safety feature designed to keep you slower (and presumably safer) with the ESP system inoperative.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No I didn't try pressing ESP button. To be quite honest not sure where it is. I will look tomorrow. Thank you for the help. If I didn't press the button does that mean it was temporarily not working?

My ESP button is on the console right behind the cup holders. If anything use a vag com and see if there is something stored in the memory. That's the only way to truly know whats going on.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If you buy VCDS, it will prevent many trips to the garage and it also allows you to reprogram various features of your car, too. As you can see from my sig, I highly recommend it. :- )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts