Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volkswagen of America, you need to get off your butts and take care of your customers!

I'm really irritated with VWoA about something I know is trivial in the big picture, but if VW wants to be a big dog on the street - then start acting like it.

I purchased my TOUAREG on 12/31/03 and it's now 3/16/04. In that time I have not received my flashlight and I have not received any of my VW Club information either.

Why has this angered me now? My mother-in-law bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport three weeks after my wife and I bought our TOUAREG and today she received all of her Jeep Club information in the mail including coupons for some free stuff at her Jeep dealer.

What have I received from VW - not one thing!!!

Jeep/Chrysler turns out more vehicles per year than Volkswagen, and yet VW drags its heals to get out stuff to their owners - who I'm sure they would like to remain loyal to the VW brand. And so far, with the irritating little problems I've had with my TOUAREG and now this.... I'm aggravated in a big way and I'm questioning my long-term association with VW.

VW - Step up or Step off. It's time to get serious!

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part Two of My Rant

Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, my initial post was also fueled by the fact that I have had compass problems ever since I purchased my TOUAREG.

The display was replaced once, it continued to blink after asking that it be turned on all the time when the ignition is on. It continued to blink and I took it back and told the dealership to look at the compass control unit (as I've read about on this website). VW came back and said they replaced a defective display unit and that was the problem.

So, last night on the way home... what happens again???? You guessed it... the display unit started to blink again.

Now, I will be going to the dealership for a FOURTH time about the compass and this time... there's no negotiating.

Pitty, because of the compass problem (as petty as it is compared to problems other people have had) this problem of mine is real close to triggering the Colorado State Lemon Law.

VW - are you paying attention?

· Registered
715 Posts
I, too, have no received any information (flashlight or VW Club) since purchasing the Touareg on 12/1. I will be calling them to find out what's up with my stuff this week.

As far as the compass, I believe it can be corrected with the VAG COM. It should be an easy fix.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,

Everytime I've had it in the VW dealership for this compass thing... I've asked them repeatedly to change the setting to always on when the ignition is on. Every time they've told me it's been done.

I dunno... it's frustrating.... not because it's a major problem, but because it's now going to have to be taking in for a FOURTH time for the same thing...that's all.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NEW INFO FROM VW:

I spoke with the VW Regional Field Representative today about the compass issue and the news isn't good... but it's not bad either.

The rep. tells me that VW is acknowledging there IS NO FIX for the blinking compass problem right now. VW says they are aware of the problem and are trying very hard to find the fix. Once the fix is discovered, VW plans to notify owners about the fix and take care of their vehicles.

I've calmed down since my original posts, because in the grand scheme of things.... this is nothing more than a minor annoyance - not a major problem.

· Registered
7 Posts
VWoA not too customer oriented. I like the quote: " VWoA, if you want to be a big dog on the streets, so act like one". I moved from Land Rover to VW, no question the quality of service is much better at Land Rover, not to take away from the Treg's quality and performance which I really am enjoying despite the little annoying things that most Treg owners have experienced (TPM, Blinking Compass, Wheel allignment, etc...).
VW, act as a big dog if you want to be one.

Frantz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.