Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am living in South Korea. Because of recent VW gas emission issue, VW Korea started to extend warranty from 3 years to 5 years. Funny thing is this warranty only for new customers from Nov, 2015. Because of the gas emission issue, VW sales dropped to 20% of the normal monthly sales in Oct, 2015. They also started big sale up to 20% or more of the all VW cars. Normally, they discount 3% to 10%. I welcome the warranty extension and discount. But because of that, current VW owners are sufferfing from severe depreciation of their cars and sometimes they cannot sell their used cars. They can't sell touareg because new customers want new cars, and the used cars dropped to 20% or more. The depreciation is all for current owners. The current owers are angry at the VW Korea's warranty extension and big discount. So the current owners are demading their existing cars' warranty extension as well. What do you think about that?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
In the US, the VW "gift card" strategy for owners seems a little weak to me. They should also do something like extend the vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Sounds like they mismanaged it in Korea. Yes, a warranty extension for current owners would be in order.

Oregon TDI. VW should warranty the freaking UREA systems. (this soap box is getting old and worn out is it not) at the very least in North America!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts