Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!
So i had a diesel leak in the V of the engine. It was coming from one or multiple of the fuel rail connectors. Took it all apart including the alternator to clean up the pool.

PS: In the proccess of removing the alternator i forgot to disconnect the battery and while undoing the plus terminal i touched the engine (ground) with the wrench and had a few sparks fly. Just thought i would add this in here maybe this is the reason for the problem.

After reassembling everything and cranking the engine 2x 10seconds it started. After the engine idled for a bit it started idling really bad, but does not stall. If i give it just a little bit throttle then it is completely fine. The engine starts up fine everytime also.

I will attach two photos also of the codes from Address 31 (engine other).

The V275 intake flap might just be the connector for it is just bad because it does not have the tab on it that secures it. I will secure it with zip ties later, but i am concerned about the camshaft postion sensor and the RPM signal from ECU (maybe i caused damage to the ECU while i shorted the terminals).

I will go check all the fuses aswell, so will update i it changes anything if i find any blown ones.

A side note aswell is that the car was sitting outside for one months before i started taking it apart. And i did not turn it on before disassembling it. So maybe some creature has chewed some wires :confused: (you never know).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update, i disconnected the drivers side throttle body and the engine runs fine, i will be sourcing for a new one as fast a possible

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, starnge i switched the throttle body from my other V10 and when i turned the engine on after the switch and hooked up the pc it had no faults for 5 min. After 5 minutes the engine started stuttering again and vcds showed the RPM signal from ECU fault again. Then i diconnected the drivers side throttle body again and the engine idles completely fine.
Also to add is that i installed the throttle body to my other V10 and it is working there completely fine (no fault codes).

So did i really fry one of my ECU's? Because right now it seems to be throwing fault codes randomly. Today when it started stuttering i only had the ECU fault code, but yesterday i had the camshaft position sensor and throttle body one.
And THE most weird thing is that it runs perfectly fine when throttle body is disconnected.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem found!

The ECU that is vertically mounted had water damage on the smaller connector because the seal for it was broken and we had heavy rains here. Will be cleaning out the pins and hope that it has not done any permanent damage to the ECU yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts