Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a problem with the air suspension. So every morning when i go to my car the front of the car is almost completly down and the back is perfectly fine. And it doesent do it overnight, at first when i turn of the motor and pull out the key the front susp. goes down about half way, like your lowering the susp. from the button, and then the other half goes overnight like its leaking somewhere.
Oh and when i drive on a perfectly fine road with no bumps or holes, every time i get the Running gear fault message.

I did a check with VCDS and i found this code:

01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
008 - Implausible Signal

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I'd start by searching for leaks with soapy water. Check the hose at the air shock as well as those by the valve block (under the right hand side of the vehicle). You'll have to remove the plastic cover first.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Gotta get your hands dirty or pay someone else to get under there. Take FSJ's advice. It is VW's procedure.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The first place to look is the well known point of failure - the brass inlet valve on the two front shocks which corrodes and snaps off. There are several threads on here about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts