Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ask on the UK site: www.mytreg.com where they have proper gallons for starters!

No one knows how you might drive, where you drive, what roads, what journeys, zilch, so you're probably best looking at something like

Volkswagen Touareg Mileage | Fuelly

where 20 mpg is reported - after all, no one buys a V10 and then cares about mpg . . . do they?!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I ALWAYS care about mileage - just not very much! The V10 mileage is AWESOME - compared to what it would be if it were a gasser.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Ask on the UK site: www.mytreg.com where they have proper gallons for starters!\
Nooby, A little bird told me that UK gallons were over weight and over priced compared to the US gallons. :twisted:

As far as V10 mileage, when you compare the power vs the fuel burned... It is a very beautiful thing. ;)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Nooby, A little bird told me that UK gallons were over weight and over priced compared to the US gallons. :twisted:
LOL. Excellent!

·
Registered
684 Posts
LOL that's why we got Litres and Kilometers in Oz, no arguing with metrics.

however I have noticed that the fuel consumption readout on the instrumentation does not always correspond to manual calculations, ie 11.5 L/100km was showing on the instruments and when i filled the tank it worked out to a bit over 12 L/100km. but with my roof rack and depending on type of driving the instruments say between 12 and 13.5

But hey I didn't buy a V10 to save fuel.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No clues...

You will need to describe the problem and symptoms you see in a little more detail.

Are you saying the engine cuts out whenever your Treg has a full tank of fuel?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have an 2004 when I fill with gas it started to cut off, it has 117000 miles any clues
Try running it without the fuel cap screwed tight, or even left off, so air can get in the tank.

If that keeps the car running, buy a new fuel cap as the breather is blocked.

Otherwise, if you have just fuelled and the problem has arisen I'd be wondering if you've picked up duff fuel and the fuel filter has water in it.

If so, you'll need to drain the tank, fit a new filter and fuel with fresh, clean gas.

You should have started your own thread by the way, not hijack someone else's V10 diesel thread!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check fuelly.com. Our 04 V10 will do around 17 in the city and 23 on the highway - US MPG. That's 20 / 28 in UK mpg.

-J

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does anyone know what the true mpg i would get from a v10 on average
I just finished a 1400 mile trip and the computer tells me that the average fuel consumption was 20.9. I have had it as high as 21.7 before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts