Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've been having some issues with my brakes. When the engine is idling and gearbox in D (drive) then the brake pedal is weird and stopping power is very poor. When i am in P (park) then press the brake pedal and rev the engine at the same time then the pedal goes further (the second touareg i have does not do this).
Today i checked all of the vacuum hoses in the engine compartment also and they seemed to be okay when inspecting visually.
So i am suspecting my tandem/vacuum pump is the culprit and on top of this problem i have a diesel leak as well (its dripping from the lowest point on the engine where the transmission and engine mate.) It leaks more diesel when i am revving the engine. (There is no diesel pool in the V of the engine so all of the return pipes are sealing correctly)

What do you recommend, should i just buy the gasket kits for both tandem pumps or the pump might be bad itself?
Right side gasket link (i think so at least)
Left side gasket link

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, replcaed both of the tandem pump gaskets. The pumps seemed completely dry. After starting the engine i still had the diesel leak and did not pass the inspection. Drip every 10seconds.
I removed all of the 3 fake firewalls again in the engine bay and started inspecting all of the hoses and found that the leak is from the drivers side tandem pump fuel hose that goes to the fuel rail (high pressure).

Will be sourcing for that hose and then everything should be leak free

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 2004 V10 also didn't pass inspection because of the same brake problem, two weeks ago. I'm waiting for a two-arm extractor to arrive by mail so that I can remove the window wipers. That should allow me to have a good look at the entire length of vacuum line hiding under the windshield. I know there's at least one place where the hose had broken (taped it - noticeable difference already), but I suspect there's more.

·
Learner
5,094 Posts
Vacuum hoses disintegrating is a common issue

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The factory plastic vacuum lines are a known issue. They will keep cracking. They will keep leaking. Eventually you will end up replacing them.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Correct vacuum hose is Gates 27231. 12mm inner diameter. In case you don’t want to buy OE parts from vw. You need to check the check valves and the pressure sensor if you’re Treg is equipped with one. If you have vcds you can check the vacuum pump pressure if it’s an electric one like on the vr6 3.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts