Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Aidan does not modify the Trans Control Unit files (nor does Upsolute, O.CT, Kermatdi...), however, when a good tuner modifies the ECU files and thus smoothing out the power curve the TCU will also act accordingly since the ECU and TCU are always in direct communication.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Aidan does not modify the Trans Control Unit files (nor does Upsolute, O.CT, Kermatdi...), however, when a good tuner modifies the ECU files and thus smoothing out the power curve the TCU will also act accordingly since the ECU and TCU are always in direct communication.
This is correct. If it had been a DSG set-up then they can be tuned.

As said, with flat spots removed and a smooth power curve, the TCU will act accordingly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 V6 TDI

Hi There,

Does the 2005 V6 TDI have a DPF?

If so would be interested in price for Delete and re-map - do a lot of motorway driving - 140kph

Thanks

- In Ireland

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some 2005 models in Europe came equipped with DPF, easy enough to check under the hood to see if your vehicle has a DPF. If you are still not sure after checking under the hood, contact Aidan at [email protected] He's in Ireland and can help you.

Hi There,

Does the 2005 V6 TDI have a DPF?

If so would be interested in price for Delete and re-map - do a lot of motorway driving - 140kph

Thanks

- In Ireland

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just want to add that I've used this CS (back in July this year) for my V10 and I have nothing but praise for the guy and what he does. His professionalism is admirable.

Unless he's been taking the Dr. Jekyll juice, you've nothing to worry about in terms of him delivering (literally and metaphorically) on what he says...

My V10 moves like a stealth fighter now. It doesn't matter what the speed it picks up and cloud-bursts like you wouldn't believe...

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dead thread? For a NA market 2016 V6 TDI, can you map for more consistent / less usage of DEF? I don't want to mess with anything that would void the important warranty, but man, that thing drinks DEF and it's VERY difficult to get into add DEF so frequently. Thanks.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts