Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Fuse is #5 on driver's fuse panel
If you are able to log into the heater with VCDS and there's a code, and you press clear and it doens't, heater is locked out.
to unlock you need to go to adaptation and save a 1 in the first channel, i beleive it will be indicated that it resets the heater.
Then go back to fault screen and clear your error. Heater should fire back up unless something is actually prevending it from doing what it has to.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
FYI just in case you are not aware, the Webasto will not start if the fuel tank is less than 1/4 full.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Or that ECON is on, or that fuel door is open, or that coolant temp G241 is more than 75C, or that outside temp G17 is more than 5C

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice,
I went to the dealer and at first the webasto was locked, they unlocked it and then they found that the glow plug and burner need to be replaced.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Or that ECON is on, or that fuel door is open, or that coolant temp G241 is more than 75C, or that outside temp G17 is more than 5C
Does the touareg know when the fuel door is open? I thought that was just a phaeton thing.

On our 04 the heater runs with econ enabled. I think it will also run the heater until the low fuel light comes on.

-J

·
Registered
196 Posts
It might be something on the newer trucks perhaps. Our 04 does not shut off the parking heater when the fuel door is opened, or the truck is being refueled.

-J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.