Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My above VW cut out whilst driving. The day before I couldn't start it after coming back from shopping - had been parked for about an hour. Glow plug warning light just flashed. After half an hour or so, all started fine and drove home 3 miles. Next day - drove half a mile and the car cut out and stopped. Couldn't start it for over an hour. No warning lights this time. Managed to get it going after an hour and drove back home. Now it won't start again. Someone has suggested it may be the electric pump in the tank - anyone know if I am on the right lines here? When it runs the engine always sounds great, even though it is high mileage. Anyone else had anything similar or ideas of what could be wrong? New member on this forum so looking forward to your answers! Many thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
564 Posts
My above VW cut out whilst driving. The day before I couldn't start it after coming back from shopping - had been parked for about an hour. Glow plug warning light just flashed. After half an hour or so, all started fine and drove home 3 miles. Next day - drove half a mile and the car cut out and stopped. Couldn't start it for over an hour. No warning lights this time. Managed to get it going after an hour and drove back home. Now it won't start again. Someone has suggested it may be the electric pump in the tank - anyone know if I am on the right lines here? When it runs the engine always sounds great, even though it is high mileage. Anyone else had anything similar or ideas of what could be wrong? New member on this forum so looking forward to your answers! Many thanks.
Sounds like a faulty speed sensor also called crankshaft position sensor. If faulty will shut off car even when driving. May be a situation that when hot the electronics quit sending signal to the ECM. When you let it sit for a bit can restart once cool. You should get a check engine light though, however the symptoms sure sound like the sensor. If the ECM does not know the crankshaft position at all times while running car will die.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts