Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as what everyone is doing on the lawsuit. Are you signing up with lawyers? If you sign up with one of the class action lawyers and VW is buying back your vehicle then I am assuming you have to pay the lawyers 30% of the price. Is this correct? Just wondering what other Canadians are doing.
Dwain in London

·
Registered
345 Posts
not doing anything...i feel its bullshit and no one can have my touareg

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I don't know about Canada. In the US the lawyers trying to convince 3-liter owners to opt out claim it will cost the owner nothing because VW has already agreed to pay all attorney fees in all cases. Now, if you opt out, you may end up with nothing, but you'll still have no out of pocket legal expenses.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I opted out. F-em! I am not interested in the money, I rather have my truck even if it turned 100K this week. I find this whole thing a stupid waste. I have no emissions anyway so delete is in the future. I would be interested in who these lawyers are? I mean I am not totally stupid, if I can get a few bucks for the truck, sweet. Still keeping it though. I will look up the lawyers. Signed up just now with Hagens Berman.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I opted out. F-em! I am not interested in the money, I rather have my truck even if it turned 100K this week. I find this whole thing a stupid waste. I have no emissions anyway so delete is in the future. I would be interested in who these lawyers are? I mean I am not totally stupid, if I can get a few bucks for the truck, sweet. Still keeping it though. I will look up the lawyers. Signed up just now with Hagens Berman.
So, do you believe an individual lawsuit is going to put more money in your pocket than the settlement agreement provides for Gen. 1 folks?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't know about Canada. In the US the lawyers trying to convince 3-liter owners to opt out claim it will cost the owner nothing because VW has already agreed to pay all attorney fees in all cases. Now, if you opt out, you may end up with nothing, but you'll still have no out of pocket legal expenses.
Really? VW has agreed to pay the attorney's fees of plaintiffs who opt out of the settlement agreement and sue VW individually?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So, do you believe an individual lawsuit is going to put more money in your pocket than the settlement agreement provides for Gen. 1 folks?
Nope but it's worth a shot. If I am opting out might as well have one option like this. I don't expect anything though. I am more curious than anything to see what happens. I could careless either way, if I get a few bucks, great. If not, I still have my treg!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Picture of the side of the fence I'am on.

beautiful rig man....side note, what a tragic waste of amazing cars...uggg such a damn shame

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to follow up on rich.dev if anyone is looking for updates on the progress of the settlement in Canada for the 3.0 TDI I suggest joining the Facebook group he listed - Canadian VW V6 3.0 TDI Diesel Buyback Forum. There is over 500 in the group now, the next step is a court date September 19. You will get an immediate update on what has happened with some people in the group attending the hearing in Toronto.

·
Registered
820 Posts
There will be a fix that will give everyone an option. I know they said there is no fix, but they said that about the 2009 and 2010 2.0s and presto they have a fix. Gen 1s are a relative simple fix because we have ad blue systems. I live in a no emissions test state ,so I don't care.but I think the Co owes owners for lost value if we keep our cars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You guys all realize that you can get money and not give your car back right? I'm signed up for my 2014 TDI and my payback is supposed to be $8400 and that is with me keeping the car. I figure, let them do the fix, then take it to APR and let them fix the fix.

Just saying, not sure why anyone would opt-out. I came here looking for people who may have already completed the process. I'm gonna check the other thread now. $8400 is not an insignificant amount of money IMO. Maybe you guys are way richer than I am.

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/

There is the link to see what you might be able to get.

Joe

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think everyone knows, I think some people have their panties in a wad over the ethicality of this all as well as seeing $$$$. But they are all settling for less of vehicles IMO. I as well but since they are taking care of it, I have better things to gripe about. I have a GEN 1. Doubt there will be a fix. I have opted for the fix. I like my GEN 1 better than 2. It's been flawless so why give it back? My plan was to buy one and keep it for a long long time. So I bought mine for 25K with low mileage. I took out a full loan on it 2 1/2 years go, so for me, the money is good but if I opted for a GEN 2, I'd be more in the hole. So I keep it plus it's a dreamy truck. Fully loaded minus air suspension and rear locker. I am ok with that.

If they have a fix for GEN1, sweet, I get $12K. If not, whatever. I have a solid ride that I love and will be basically the only one around with one. haha. I bet it becomes a cult car that I can sell with 300K miles on the clock for the same price as VW would have gave me. hahahaha! No, kidding but never know?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh yah, I have no intention of selling my Gen2 either. And I've noticed that resale on them has not suffered, as there just aren't that many of them. None the less, if VW is paying out money, I'll take it.

As far as the ethics go. I hate to say it, but VW was wrong. I may not think that our EPAs regulations are set at the right levels, but that doesn't matter. The levels are what they are and everyone knew the levels. VW lied and broke the rules which gave them an unfair advantage in the diesel marketplace. This was apparent particularly with the 2.0L cars as Mazda and Honda both talkeda bout bringing similar cars to America but never did. We never knew why. Now we know, because they couldn't get their cars to pass the emissions regulations. To me that is where VW ethically really messed up. The rules are the rules whether you like them or not, and they are enforced because it is imperative that all of the manufacturers follow the rules, otherwise there is an uneven playing field and the company that is cheating is able to take sales away from it's competitors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Yeti
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing