Club Touareg Forum banner

13141 - 13147 of 13147 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Am I the last to install AEM?
And the first to install AEM-Correction?
Re-set throttle in dealer lot.

Noticing a more pronounced delay between pushing START button and the engine firing at 32F. Garage is smellier. Less engine braking.

No noticeable changes to sound or drivability (always in SPORT or downshifting in MANUAL). Never DRIVE.

Too early to sense MPG. Got 22.3 average for last 48,000 miles (see Fuelly photo).

2013 Treg now has transferable warranty to 182,000 miles or January 2024. Shall I wait four years before tuning, so as not to jeopardize all the great coverages?

Watching for $1,500 from Bosch (who wrote and sold cheat software to almost every diesel OEM?)!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where can I find actual on-road NOX emission levels post-fix compared to pre-fix?
The only comparison I've seen is for the 2.0L TDIs.

Note that the model year 2015 2.0L TDIs were actually complaint with the 2014 and earlier standard (0.04 g/mi NOx) before the fix. They were in violation because the standard got reduced in 2015. The 0.04 g/mi standard is also a California standard. The EPA standard was substantially higher (I want to say 0.2 g/mi, but don't quote me on that).

I haven't seen a similar chart for the 3.0L TDIs. My understanding is that the cheating on the 3.0L was only during warm-up. They were running a rich fuel mixture to reduce the diesel clatter, which resulted in excess emissions. So the fix results in more diesel clatter with a cold engine (can be mitigated if not eliminated by using a diesel fuel lubricity additive). AdBlue consumption is also up - apparently they were being extremely conservative with how much AdBlue was injected, to try to stretch refills out to the 10,000 mile annual maintenance. And people have noted the loss of automatic engine braking (which is fine by me - I'd rather engine brake manually, than have to accelerate to go downhill).

·
Registered
135 Posts
They should have just designed the vehicles with an Adblue filler neck. These guys all deserve a swift kick in the head for this. Not only did they help to accelerate trashing the environment, America now gets the Atlas instead of the Touareg.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My wife had taken her 2015 TDI to the dealer, who had mentioned that her truck was the first and only one that they had to do the flash-for.

I had fully expected my wife to not notice any difference in how the truck ran but she had mentioned that when on the highway and on the road, that the truck ran 99% better than it did before the update. She was thrilled.

·
Registered
2016 MY17 7P TOUAREG
7 Posts
For my 2015 the change in throttle response is at times annoyingly abrupt when trying to accelerate smoothly; same as these two comments.
I tow my motorcycles and have seen no change in my towing nor my fuel mileage.
Lack of engine braking is noticeable but I am at 72,000 miles and dealer just told me the pads are good.
My wife and I will not part with our Touareg. Loved it more before the change but still love it today. A monster of a motor in a, so far, totally reliable luxury SUV?
Only had my 2016 for a month but I think the trick to force engine braking is to pop it into manual mode and drop it back a gear or 2 other wise in D (and possibly also S) it tends to go into coast mode when you remove your foot from the throttle. However I think you can disable coast mode possibly for this reason?

13141 - 13147 of 13147 Posts