Club Touareg Forum banner

13101 - 13120 of 13138 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is what I'd found online, but it's the only place online I've seen that. Is anyone else having trouble getting dealers to honor the free AdBlue refills?

·
Registered
757 Posts
No, they filled mine free of charge today actually. The other side of that story is they were supposed to fill it 1100 miles ago when I got my oil changed but apparently decided not to when I was in, even though it was on the invoice. D'oh.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had to specifically show the Manager at the Service Desk that pamphlet to get them to fill it in my 2014. That dealer only deals with 1 or 2 3.0L trucks and the 2.0 liter deal did not include the Ad-Blue top-ups. Once he read it - filled it no problem and apologized.
That being said I don't seem to be using more Ad-Blue than before, always seemed to need a topper around 7500 miles, but as always YMMV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dealer wouldn't cover the AdBlue refill for free. They did tell me my vehicle needed a 26k2 recall. I'd had the AdBlue heater replaced under warranty in June, he said this recall came out in July, I wasn't really sure what it was but went with it anyway. He said that provided some AdBlue, they'd just charge me for the rest as my tank was empty. So I was charged $21.40 for the balance of the AdBlue refill. I've replied to their standard follow-up email today with a copy of the booklet pointing to page 5, and informing them I'll be taking my business elsewhere if they can't honor the warranty I have.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The language in the booklet is sufficiently vague with respect to free AdBlue “between service intervals”.

Under routine maintenance for oil change, for example, my dealer charges me for AdBlue

On a recent 6800 mile jaunt across country and back, I added 10.5 gal of AdBlue. Half those miles were pulling a load, the rest carrying bikes and kayaks.

I was drinking diesel at +/- 14 mpg for 2700 of those miles due to the 6200# trailer. I’ll do some better calculations for separate discussion but yes, the VW settlement language can be interpreted differently and B). The software fix was dosing AdBlue like nobody’s business.

If you’re just running as “normal” I figure AdBlue use will settle in around 5-6000 miles per tank. Start pulling heavy loads up inclines at altitude and speed and be prepared to add juice along your trip

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer performed the new/July Adblu heater recall yesterday while my 2013 was in for an oil change service. Topped off with DEF too for no charge and even reminded me that I had still had 1 full tank of fuel available courtesy of VW (didn't take it when the original recall was done).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does anyone know what the Tax status is on these buybacks?

Did you get an I9 for returning your treg?

Is it all taxable, partly taxable, not taxable?

Assume it was a personal purchase. In Oregon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't believe I read this whole thread, all 1312 pages, 13,111 posts. It took me a few days, work gets in the way sometimes.
I was on the fence about having the "fix" because I didn't want to lose performance but after reading all of the reviews and tips I'm going for it.
Thanks everyone

I'm bummed about the engine brake, I watch all the brake lights going down the grades and I'm just coasting at the speed limit.
Is there anyway to program that back into the ECU ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't believe I read this whole thread, all 1312 pages, 13,111 posts. It took me a few days, work gets in the way sometimes.
I was on the fence about having the "fix" because I didn't want to lose performance but after reading all of the reviews and tips I'm going for it.
Thanks everyone

I'm bummed about the engine brake, I watch all the brake lights going down the grades and I'm just coasting at the speed limit.
Is there anyway to program that back into the ECU ?
The program is you put it in M and pull back on the shifter once or twice.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks everyone

Congrats on your persistence! Good show, old sport! I think you’ll be satisfied.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my TDI back Thursday (12/13). On my 50 mile drive home from the dealer I really didn't notice much of a difference but after driving it for the last couple of days it does seem to perform a little bit slower. It seems the sport mode is the old regular drive mode. Like others have noted the engine brake is nearly gone. Lots of burning paint smell from the new parts, I hope that's what it is.
Funny the dealer said they've done a lot of the FIX's and no one has complained.???

·
Registered
240 Posts
I finally drove our fixed 2014 and it is different. Engine breaking is gone. As a result my wife's late braking has become more intense. Pad and rotor wear will increase. The front wheels are currently jet black. It just coasts like there is a tailwind at speed on the FWY when off throttle. The ability to feather the throttle for decent torque filled acceleration is also gone. I find the go pedal has to be pushed further down and feels more "digital" than analog. Once the go pedal is pressed there is a much more lag before boost kicks in. Before the boost kicks in, there is some serious diesel clatter. At highway speeds above 70 MPH, I found the throttle needs to be pressed down further in order to maintain speed and fuel economy suffers. At 65 MPH to 70 MPH things are closer to how they were before the fix and fuel economy is about 2-3 MPG better.

The dealer performed a 60k service at the same time as the recall repair and charged us for the portions of the 60k service that should have been included in the recall repair. No fuel fill either. The balance of the VW cash was deposited 3 days later. We are going to do some test driving of new and used cars between now and 1/2/18 to see what we can find that costs less to operate than the Touraeg. The 2018 Tiguan loaner was nice but I am not sure. She likes the new CR-V. With the new California gas and even higher diesel tax we are paying 3.50/gallon and it sux ballz.

We really like the Touareg and it's tank like qualities. We are going to drive to Vegas soon and that is always an enjoyable drive as there are several grades that I can climb by barely giving it more throttle. If I have to nearly floor it to maintain 85 MPH I am done with the Touareg. People that tow will see a difference IMO. Damn damn hell hell tee tee do do.
/\ Matches my observations, too... 2 to 3 mpg lost, all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME. Touareg with fix is going to EAT BRAKE PADS and ROTORS... my rims are filthy dirty almost as soon as they get washed and detailed, with residue from the brake pads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For my 2015 the change in throttle response is at times annoyingly abrupt when trying to accelerate smoothly; same as these two comments.
I tow my motorcycles and have seen no change in my towing nor my fuel mileage.
Lack of engine braking is noticeable but I am at 72,000 miles and dealer just told me the pads are good.
My wife and I will not part with our Touareg. Loved it more before the change but still love it today. A monster of a motor in a, so far, totally reliable luxury SUV😁

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
13101 - 13120 of 13138 Posts
About this Discussion
13.1K Replies
502 Participants
nickyt
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing