Club Touareg Forum banner

13061 - 13080 of 13138 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So, I received a letter from the Attorney General here in AZ, they are suing VW too. That said, they want me to sign as I am an eligible consumer and could receive up to $1,000 for doing so.
Should I be reluctant to sign? Or sign and and wait for the check?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
So, I received a letter from the Attorney General here in AZ, they are suing VW too. That said, they want me to sign as I am an eligible consumer and could receive up to $1,000 for doing so.
Should I be reluctant to sign? Or sign and and wait for the check?

Thoughts?

Why you be reluctant? I would sign the hell out of it....

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Thoughts?

I vote sign on. This is the same VW that told you that the adblue failures were not part of the emission warranty. I find that more offensive then the fact that the tailpipe emissions were off. I guess I should be outraged over the emissions lie, and I am some. But it was the "adblue failures are not part of the emission warranty" that really crossed the line.

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Has anyone had the fix done to your 2009 TDI with low range? I'm wondering about the hill assent and descend elimination. Do you miss it?
It works fine, I used mine last week and noticed no difference what so ever. I am beginning to think not much really changed with the fix other than a weird shift/jump when it is cold from a dead stop.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Has anyone had the fix done to your 2009 TDI with low range? I'm wondering about the hill assent and descend elimination. Do you miss it?
Works fine dude! No issues, in-fact the Touareg has not changed much at all period!!! Hill decent works as before same with assent. I don't notice hardly any change at all in the fix. Shifting is the same, all of it is the same. It's a very slight difference that it's not even noticeable at all!!!

Curious do you have a Touareg?

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Just get the fix find already. We are not suffering after the fix like the 13 and newer ones. Really not much difference at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I own a 2009 TDI with a DPF delete and Malone tune. In a way I would like the money and warranty but really after the cost of work to put it back to stock and then going for the fix hardly seems worth it. I really never thought they would approve a fix for it. Feel torn now.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The major thing that was breaking left and right was the emission system. With the deletes, most of what you most likely use the warranty for is gone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was under the impression the warranty covered most all the major components such as turbos,catalytic converters, Sensors, ignition such as glow plugs and the like. Definitely not have the emissions components has probably saved some headaches. It’s been pretty solid except for some minor issues and cosmetic things interior-wise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The warranty practically covers everything under the hood. There are probably exceptions, but it covers the fuel entire system (HPFP!), the entire exhaust gas after treatment system, the EGR system, the ECU, the OBD, the turbo charge system, the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, and valve train.

That warranty is good for 10 years / 120k miles from date of purchase or 4 years / 48k miles from date of fix.

IMO, it's an amazing warranty since most of what people worry about on these vehicles is the fuel system and turbos.

I pulled this info directly from the TDI book VW sent me.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The warranty is a very good thing. But your missing parts are the most likely to break parts.

It is your call if you want to restore it to stock. You will lose the ECU upgrade and you will need to keep it off as long as you are under warranty. VW will void the warranty if they find the ECU flash.

This puts you back at square one. Keep it as is or return to stock and keep it stock until the warranty expires.

This is all assuming you kept all the parts needed to return it to stock. It would be a small fortune to replace the parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write up that warranty info. I was thinking it was pretty inclusive and would be nice for peace of mind.

However, I did not do the Malone tune on it and the reason it was done is because the DPF clogged. So I would definitely be in itfor a chunk of money. Noteven sure how much really. Haven’t got an official quote.

At least I have some time to think about it. It’s been a good vehicle...so there really isn’t anything to lose by keeping it tuned.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The warranty practically covers everything under the hood. There are probably exceptions, but it covers the fuel entire system (HPFP!), the entire exhaust gas after treatment system, the EGR system, the ECU, the OBD, the turbo charge system, the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, and valve train.

That warranty is good for 10 years / 120k miles from date of purchase or 4 years / 48k miles from date of fix.

IMO, it's an amazing warranty since most of what people worry about on these vehicles is the fuel system and turbos.

I pulled this info directly from the TDI book VW sent me.
Yup, everything stated is covered. It's awesome. Mine is in right now for some exhaust issue. They cannot figure out. I have a stupid 2019 Jetta I am driving around for a week. I hate it. I want mine fixed. It reeks of diesel exhaust. Like an old diesel with a muffler leak. I think they need to replace the glow plug and sensor they installed and re-do software. I am getting the smell under the car and near the right side swirl valve motor. Either that or they f-ed up the install and screwed up the the head, so now it is leaking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok now I am scared.. ha... sounds like the fix might turn into a can of worms. Although mine always smells like diesel so that wouldn’t be any change for me. Lol I sure hope they get that fixed up. At least in your case it would be on them. And definitely not sure about the new Jetta. Does it at least ride good?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
May not be related at all. I have no info at this point so I would not be scared especially with a warranty and $12K in my pocket.

Mine has never smelled like a diesel. Never had exhaust fumes pouring up from under the car when I open the door. It stinks up my garage unlike before.
I have a base model jetta with crappy seats. It handles fine. Would I call it a good ride? Nah. It's fine for a $20K car but not my cup o tea. I am beyond jetta. I'd take a GTI over this car any day of the week. I mean it's better than no loaner car and no warranty lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea definitely cant complain about that warranty. I wouldn’t mind one.. but there would be no 12 k in my pocket. Probably more like 2k out of pocket. If you don’t like the fumes definitely don’t get a Malone tune. Lol I have actually grown to like the smell of diesel. I have had to. 😬

13061 - 13080 of 13138 Posts