Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
With VW's near rock bottom reliability rating by J D Powers yes it is good to keep a VAGCOM at all times. ;)

I am just curious about which other makes' HPFPs are going out because of their owners can put the right fuel in the tank?
Try Ford 2010 on SuperDuty diesel pickups with the same Bosch CP 4.2 HPFP, and Ford has been denying warranty on them left and right, and handing out $10,000 + repair bills. Do a search on RVnet forums, the fanbois get in there that haven't had the HPFP fail yet and just rip on the unfortunate few that have been left holding a fat repair bill. These are owners that have been dieseling in their trucks for work and with travel trailers for decades, no misfueling involved, long time diesel truck owners.

Chevy trucks too, with the same Bosch HPFP, but its hard to find complaints from the Chevy GMC guys because Chevy GMC repairs and replaces them no questions asked, so the customer service is good, and the customer feels it's being handled properly and doesn't go posting on Bulletin boards about their failures, they are just glad it's up and running as soon as possible again.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Did they redesign the fuel pump from 011 to 012? I called my service guy who felt my 012 had a manufcturer date with new design. That would seem to tell you it is more than mis fueling.

Also said only thing not covered in the plat warrantee on the fuel system is the filters. sure don't need 3 weeks down time though.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Did they redesign the fuel pump from 011 to 012? I called my service guy who felt my 012 had a manufcturer date with new design. That would seem to tell you it is more than mis fueling.

Also said only thing not covered in the plat warrantee on the fuel system is the filters. sure don't need 3 weeks down time though.
They have redesigned the pump several times over the last few years in order to make it more durable or resistant to the poorer quality fuels found here in North America. So yes they've changed, with the 2.0 tdi the hpfp had a new revision every few months for the past few years.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.