Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Am having my Treg tires rotated at VW Dealer. Am checking out the showroom - laughing.
Here are some pictures of this “showroom model VW”
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Tire Crankset

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
36 Posts
I remember a 1998 or so Trek model Golf/Jetta that came with a mountain bike and roof rack (one variant may have been K2, with a snowboard) but I do not recall seeing a VW beach cruiser. Pretty cool.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,795 Posts
Would like to see emtb with a Touareg adventure pack

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,201 Posts
I remember a 1998 or so Trek model Golf/Jetta that came with a mountain bike and roof rack (one variant may have been K2, with a snowboard) but I do not recall seeing a VW beach cruiser. Pretty cool.
I remember those. 1996-97, came with a pretty decent model from Trek that had custom decals, seat, and handlebar grips. 1996 models had funky seat patterns with basketball players and dancers. I really wish VW would rehire their creative team from the 90s.

Reactions: Watch Carefully

·
Registered
903 Posts
Wonder how they are going with stock availability now the global chip apocalypse is upon us.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow - surprised to learn there are other models of the VW 2-wheelers and that some were actually part of buyer packages.
I laughed when I saw this showroom model LOL. I didnt speak with a salesman about options or price, but just laughed.

Chewblekka - looks like your model has many great options including multi-speed gearing, independently operated/controlled front and rear brakes too. Guess the one I saw was their “base model” They both have 1-wheel drive and probably adaptive steering. I actually would like to see an electric version, perhaps adding a basket (cargo area) as well.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
850 Posts
I'd upgrade it with a wing and stance it. Wheel wells look kind of empty.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
36 Posts
Here is a commercial about the Trek Jetta…

And One for the K2 Golf…

Around that time (1998, Mk III), my wife and I bought a 5-speed Wolfsburg Jetta in silver, which was hard to find back then and took 3 mos. for delivery. Silver German cars became ubiquitous within a year or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts