Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chad,

You guys are great.

This message is not intended to get after you but to scold VW for the outrageous pricing for a set of tailpipes. For that price you should get a new exhaust system.

By way of example, my wife's 04 turbo beetle convert's tailpipes from VW cost $76. How can they justify a six-fold difference. I realize that the Touareg has two sets, but to increase the price by that much is crazy. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice! How much you paid for ? Where exactly did you buy ? Website ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Following is Remus's website. http://www.remus.at/

And for their US website it is: http://www.remus-usa.com/home.html

It took about twenty minutes to install onto my car and it cost about US$1500 total. If it is the sound, looks, weight, and slight performance you are after, this might be the choice. It is pretty much a direct bolt on and the weight of the new exhaust feels about half the weight of stock (though I may be wrong).

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately import duty here is a bit high for auto parts so it does not leave me with much choice. However I sometimes import my own parts for previous cars and that worked out better. Sometimes I can skirt by the duty officers when my parts come in and then I can get away with it duty free!

Also, the set-up is for the muffler and two tips. It is direct replacement for factory muffler.

As for the website, they do not show Touareg part but that is what I have. Maybe have to check their european website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Chad,

Looks like you will get a better deal buying directly from them. Selection in Taiwan was limited so that was the most inexpensive aftermarket choice. Other option was ABT which I'm sure was even more expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.