Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW must be scratching for extra dosh. Just found out that they have put up the price of DPF fluid from $133 in Jan this year to $217 per litre now. That's almost 80% hike!!! Yikes.$868 for a refill plus labour!!!! John

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
930 Posts
$217/litre that really is taking the p**s !

VW charge £7.2 for 1.89 litre in the UK, £3.81/litre - that's 8.25/litre AUD at todays rate

I bought one such container from VW, when it's empty I'll cut the bottom off and use as a funnel to fill up from 10 litre containers bought for the local car factors at £11.99 so £1.2/litre or 2.58/litre AUD.

You need to find an independent supplier - you can use any DEF/Adblue that's to ISO 22241 standard.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think you will find schootsie is not talking ad-blu but eolys/PAT fluid - a special additive peculiar in the Touareg range to the V10 which a lot of owners knew nothing about until they hit the 100K/5 years mark and got stung for a shedload of cash when the old stuff had to be sucked out and the tank replenished with 5-10 [can't remember] litres of VERY expensive stuff - and now seemingly priced like gold dust! - which even some dealers' parts departments, I seem to recall, insisted was ad-blu!

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
930 Posts
I think you will find schootsie is not talking ad-blu but eolys/PAT fluid - a special additive peculiar in the Touareg range to the V10 which a lot of owners knew nothing about until they hit the 100K/5 years mark and got stung for a shedload of cash when the old stuff had to be sucked out and the tank replenished with 5-10 [can't remember] litres of VERY expensive stuff - and now seemingly priced like gold dust! - which even some dealers' parts departments, I seem to recall, insisted was ad-blu!
My bad - I'd assumed "DPF" was a typo for "DEF"

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
good to see VW have not learnt by their mistakes and continue to try and tarnish the client base....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Out of interest after trying for some time to source the stuff from O.S. and a few dead ends (like paid the money and got/getting refunds - sorry can't/don't deliver that **** overseas, it's dangerous goods) I have sourced a supplier in Germany. I am putting in an order Monday early morning for 4 litres and if anyone else needs 4 litres I can add that to my order for the cost of $550 AUD plus any freight to where you are in OZ. Damn sight cheaper than buying it here. Best price I could get locally with trade discount, bla bla was $720. As an extra bit of info there is a person in Victoria on Ebay with 2 litres of it for $250 but it has an expiry date of 12/14 which I'm not prepared to use as I only do low k's and it would be 4 to 5 years out of date by the time I've used it all. John

Interesting, I typed in a 4 letter word similar to stuff and the site edited it to ****, how cute is that!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Was that crap or ****e? EDIT 10 seconds later: Nope, it wasn't either of those!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leave 1 letter of the second word you tried Nooby and you'll see what I mean, john

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Oh, you mean ****:twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts