Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
"The company has not yet released details to affected owners, but estimates there will be over 5 million USD allocated to fund the reimbursement effort."

My math could be faulty but I think that works out to about $10 per US TDI. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"The company has not yet released details to affected owners, but estimates there will be over 5 million USD allocated to fund the reimbursement effort."

I'm sure their accounting departments will be able to work something out.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
989 Posts

Could be realistic if those models are then re-sold in countries with less stringent emissions regulations.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Could be realistic if those models are then re-sold in countries with less stringent emissions regulations.
EPA has already said:
1. Reselling the cars outside the country is not an option. (Just moving the pollution)
2. Replacing with new cars is problematic since there is a huge carbon offset of building a new car plus there is an carbon waste in getting rid of the old car.
3. Ideally the cars should just be fixed (which apparently ain't happening)

Which leaves us at the current option. VW will end up buying enough carbon offsets to make up the difference of the "extra" pollution VW caused.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts

I am not a cheapskate like VW. Oregon TDI, I offer you $20, no. I offer you $25 for your vehicle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
His is a nice one. I'll give you a $100

·
Registered
19 Posts
I suspect that this is an April Fools joke - it's coming from some Reuters reporters in India, and isn't collaborated by any other announcements from other sources.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts