Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First up, I love my Touareg - couldn't be more happy. However, I would have to say my single disappointment in switching to Volkswagen has been their "attention-to-detail" (interior treatment protection missed a number of areas, dirty marks after services, having 3-4 goes at fixing an issue, after 6 weeks buying/refitting an Anderson socket myself which was broken during service, and more). This could be just my dealer, but I have found with servicing the attention-to-detail has been lacking... yet 50m across the road at Audi (same automotive group), the customer service and attention to detail is excellent.

So today I receive a letter from VW Australia dated 20Jan16, posted 02Feb16 thanking me for my feedback on a warranty repair and in appreciation of doing so, enclosing a gift. Which I thought was a nice customer service touch.... apart from spelling my name wrong and there was no gift :)?

Cheers Paul.

·
Registered
65 Posts
text book VW!

iam having a similar problems with attention to details down here in SYD awell. to the point of them using the wrong engine oil in my recent service (which is still ongoing).

needless to say I'm close to washing my heads of stealerships and going to an "actual" mechanical that cares.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nothing but praise for John Oxley Motors at Port Macquarie. Will keep going to them while vehicle under warranty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just a small point, but one which I will check in future before driving away from the dealer after a service. After my 1st service I checked the oil level (a few days after!) and noticed it was 2/3rds full only. This oil is like gold- or at least costs as much. Are they saving money or what?. On my previous experience over the last 12 months I only used about 1/3 of the Gauge, so it should be OK, but maybe others might need the full quota!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
So your issue is with your dealership, not VW itself? Just wanted to clarify, because there are some spectacular dealerships and some real rat hole dealerships. It would be nice if VW did get on the bad ones to shape up.

·
Registered
786 Posts
apart from spelling my name wrong and there was no gift :)?
Too funny. Credit to them for trying to get it right, even if the execution was off.....

I'd give VW of AUS a call and ask them what the gift was supposed to be......

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So your issue is with your dealership, not VW itself? Just wanted to clarify, because there are some spectacular dealerships and some real rat hole dealerships. It would be nice if VW did get on the bad ones to shape up.
For me that is correct, the dealership performance is where I have noticed the big difference. And dealerships are people, people can make companies great or not great... hence why there are some good ones.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An update on the letter from VW. I emailed VW yesterday and just received a very nice and apologetic call from Jane at Volkswagen Australia. Jane is John White's (MD, VW Australia Group) personal assistant. That's attention-to-detail from the top :).

·
Registered
311 Posts
hmmm . . . dealers . . .
Took car back for service and got them to fix the rear heater de-mister - one bar not working - and the creaking sunroof when closed - should not have bothered.
The entire rear window had to be replaced. OK fair enough. "the window is tinted - the tinting will have to be replaced", "sure" was the response. They wanted the car for a few days - I was travelling so I said have it for the week. When I picked up the car was covered in twigs - presumably from where it was parked after they "fixed" things. I got home. Then I started noticing things. Like the view out the rear is quite light. You guessed it. No tinting. Raised the tailgate to double check, the trim around the rear window was hanging loose and what trim was in place had been artfully used to jam the wiring looms that were now hanging out the side of the window trim. Looking up at the sunroof and greasy finger marks all around the roof lining. The sun roof - well no change in noise - they lowered the front and raised the back to 4mm and this is now way out of spec. I was kind of speechless when I took the car back to get all this fixed. The fact that the service department let a car leave in this condition disgusts me. Complete lack of supervision of obviously completely incompetent "technicians" and I use that word with reluctance. So back it went. Got it back.
So then I washed the car. What I though was one of many twigs stuck to the duco under the rear window was in fact a scratch - presumably where the "technicians' had been working on the rear window. No way can I prove this - it I had noticed at the time - well water under the bridge - never accept a dirty car from a service centre . .
So heaven help me if I ever have to go near ANY stealer again for warranty work - certainly not this one.
No I will never buy another VW and will and have recommended to many people to not buy - not because of the car - the Treg is great - but the local support stinks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So heaven help me if I ever have to go near ANY stealer again for warranty work - certainly not this one.
No I will never buy another VW and will and have recommended to many people to not buy - not because of the car - the Treg is great - but the local support stinks.

BOOM! *drops mic*

seriously love the car but your right the dealerships are what is a real disappointment to me.... maybe if I find a good reliable, honest one that doesn't over charge me for everything.......

but that's all a pipe dream

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had this issue with a brand new Transporter from 2004 - every time it went to the dealer to fix something under warranty, they broke something else. I think I was blacklisted by my licence plate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had this issue with a brand new Transporter from 2004 - every time it went to the dealer to fix something under warranty, they broke something else. I think I was blacklisted by my licence plate.
Same thing with my R32 - every time I took it to Sth Yarra VW they broke something else.

I'm just about to get an R-Line, and even though SY are 300m from where I work I will get it serviced elsewhere. (nearby suggestions welcomed!)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Same thing with my R32 - every time I took it to Sth Yarra VW they broke something else.

I'm just about to get an R-Line, and even though SY are 300m from where I work I will get it serviced elsewhere. (nearby suggestions welcomed!)
I hope you are not buying via SY.

I assume service you refer to will be non dealer based. If you are looking for a dealer then I suspect search will be fruitless unless you go to Audi for service. For non dealer, you can try Cox Auto in South Melbourne. I have had one service there. Intend to go back.

Reactions: redgsr

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received a thank-you gift from VW Australia on Friday, along with a handwritten apology note... which was both appreciated and a nice little touch. And visited my dealer the same day to buy a replacement engine oil bottle after my 45K service, which they refilled at no cost with a smile. As the relationship builds, so does the customer care.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts