Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NYFAIM - What's it mean?
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is considering purchasing a pre-owned 2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 V6 Gas with 9400 miles on the ticker that was sold by the Riverside Manheim in a VW Credit vehicle liquidation sale. The auction report identifies this particular vehicle as a "company car".

Can anyone explain what exactly is a Volkswagen "company car"?

Thanks!!

JSB

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
That's peciluar.
Generally the term used for both VW and the auction sites is more like "Demo" or Program Vehicle, and usually has a "Fleet" designation on it's title and it's carfax reports.

I've never run across a listing for a VW owned "Company Car", or at least not any with that specific verbage.

Run a carfax and see who the previous owner was listed as.

·
NYFAIM - What's it mean?
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input!

Manheim Auto Auctions frequently post the abbreviation *CC in the online vehicle listings for VW products. According to the auction administration office at the Riverside, CA Manheim Auction, this abbreviation indicates Company Car and is provided to the auction house by the vehicle seller, Volkswagen Credit, Inc.

The Carfax reports for vehicles that I have seen with the *CC auction comments abbreviation typically show either a loan or a lease in the title history.

Frankly, that fact puzzles me.

If the car was a VW Company Car provided to an executive, dealership owner or other VW employee, would VW have titled the vehicle on a loan or a lease?

·
Super Moderator
9,701 Posts
I don't know for sure, since I never leased before, but technically the vehical still belongs to VW and you are more or less renting it from them. That is how I understand it, but someone who has leased may have a better way of explaining it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
On a lease the vehicle is sold to a leasing company, it could be VW Finance, or a third party, then a lease (or rental agreement) is set up with the third party.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.