Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a Touareg but in doing my research I have come to 2 options: either buy a later manufactured model in 2004 OR wait until the 2005's arrive this fall. Any thoughts?

I have heard that one should look for VIN #'s in the 8xxxx's on the 2004. Does anyone have more information on this? Have the VIN #'s 8xxx's really solved the problems I have been reading about on this website?

Also is there anything in the rest of the #'s in the VIN to look for & what do the other numbers/letters mean?

Last question, I read that there was a $2000 factory to dealer incentive in July. Is that still happening in August? This would help me in my bargaining with the dealer.

· Registered
61 Posts
Mine is 50.XXX and absolutely trouble free... so it doesn't (only) depend on the VIN. I know Tregers with very low VIN on their cars and they are perfect as well... The new ones will have the TSB performed at the factory and if their VIN is older they will have been performed at the port or the dealer.

With the Tregs happens as will every single car in the market. They are machines and they may have a problem. Go ahead and if you like one of the 04 with the features that you like and a good discount buy it. If you prefer to wait, you'll get perhaps a different DVD Navi but a price increase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.