Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.
I just purchased my 2007 Touareg FSI V8. I love the look and feel of this VW. My last VW was a new 63 Beetle so it has been decades since I have had a VW. So much has changed - right.
I am having to study the owners manual UGH so much to learn, like what buttons do what, and how do I do this or that. I am even considering sitting in the driver seat with the manual open as my quick (or fairly quick) reference.
I am in USA and do travel alot and am looking forward to my next road trip!
I love that there is a Touareg Club, and look forward to reading relevant posts and perhaps sharing some of my own experiences too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome! I think you’ll find you have 2 more cylinders under the hood or it’s a gasser?
I wish we had the V8 TDI hit our shores.

This site is a great resource to say the least as there are some very knowledgeable people on here and lot’s of great info to peruse.

·
Registered
923 Posts
As the V8 Tdi never went to the US I am really concerned you fill up with the correct fuel!

So V6 Tdi or V8 gasser?

Regardless , do take the time to read this thread to get up to speed. It will probably save you money st some stage!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
i didnt know there was a 2007 TDI V8 ...... whats the VIN ? Or what fuel is it using ? Or could it be a 2017 not a 2007 ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. Congrats on your new to you purchase. Hope you have loads of fun with it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I think you’ll find you have 2 more cylinders under the hood or it’s a gasser?
I wish we had the V8 TDI hit our shores.

This site is a great resource to say the least as there are some very knowledgeable people on here and lot’s of great info to peruse.
hello and thank you for the warm welcome.

My Touareg is definitely a 2007 and the engine clearly says TDI and the metal model plate on the rear hatch really says V8. Oh and yes I really am in usa, currently the Pacific Northwest region. The Mercedes dealership I purchased from also had advertised it as the V8. (it was a trade-in just a week or so ago) And yes it uses premium gasoline (not diesel).

I am reading replies and several have mentioned that the 2007 V8 Never made it to usa. So I dont understand. I have one and am in usa. Am I the only person in usa with one? How would that be possible. Could it be a late year build with some 2008 stuff - like the V8 engine? Help solve this new mystery.

again thank you everyone

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hello everyone.
I just purchased my 2007 Touareg TDI V8. I love the look and feel of this VW. My last VW was a new 63 Beetle so it has been decades since I have had a VW. So much has changed - right.
I am having to study the owners manual UGH so much to learn, like what buttons do what, and how do I do this or that. I am even considering sitting in the driver seat with the manual open as my quick (or fairly quick) reference.
I am in USA and do travel a lot and am looking forward to my next road trip!
I love that there is a Touareg Club, and look forward to reading relevant posts and perhaps sharing some of my own experiences too.
Well well, welcome🎂🍷 to the club!! As others have said you will find a ton of information here and people would be giving you advice if you ever have a problem so you are in the correct forum.

As for the issue of having a V8 TDI, if it is the only one in USA then welcome to my world of misery, I have the only V10 in Alabama and all the dealers are ready to skin me alive and to top that none of them know how to handle the machine. The best way to tell if it is diesel, open the fuel door and there will be a sticker telling you what type of diesel it needs.

Anywho - best of luck and happy driving.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
731 Posts
hello and thank you for the warm welcome.

My Touareg is definitely a 2007 and the engine clearly says TDI and the metal model plate on the rear hatch really says V8. Oh and yes I really am in usa, currently the Pacific Northwest region. The Mercedes dealership I purchased from also had advertised it as the V8. (it was a trade-in just a week or so ago) And yes it uses premium gasoline (not diesel).

I am reading replies and several have mentioned that the 2007 V8 Never made it to usa. So I dont understand. I have one and am in usa. Am I the only person in usa with one? How would that be possible. Could it be a late year build with some 2008 stuff - like the V8 engine? Help solve this new mystery.

again thank you everyone
OK so the mystery deepens.
Your engine is badged TDI... yet you use premium gasoline... not diesel. See Wiki article below.

·
Registered
923 Posts
If you are putting gasoline in the tank and the engine is still actually working then the car is most definitely NOT a Tdi which is only used on diesel powered VWs

I think you have a gasoline powered V8 Fsi.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you are putting gasoline in the tank and the engine is still actually working then the car is most definitely NOT a TdI which is only used on diesel powered VWs

I think you have a gasoline powered V8 Fsi.
I just opened the hood - you are right it is FSI V-8. Whew. Mystery solved. And I corrected my initial post to avoid confusion. Thank you

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yah !!! USA...USA...USA ........ i mean FSI...FSI...FSI... 😂 😂

Reactions: TurboABA

·
Registered
665 Posts
Welcome, The wife and I both own 07 V8 FSI’s.
I do the wrenching on both and have inside both engines many times. Be glad to help if it’s needed
Regards, Mtnride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad we've cleared that up!

Do, please, take the time to read the link I gave you earlier.
Hi. I have been reading the linked info so posted above (a few posts back). Thank you, and others who contributed, for doing that. So much great info for those of us who are new to Touareg. I am sure it will be useful reference down the road too.

In a couple weeks, I will be taking my Touragen to VW Dealership for the oil change. I called and spoke to the service manager for a while. He was either friendly and sincere OR putting up with my babbling. I like to think he was friendly and sincere. He gave me a price for the oil and filter change and said he would throw in a free inspection. Sounds friendly - right?

From reading your great link though, I am concerned that maybe their techs dont have much Touragen experience. so my plan is to get a copy of their inspection report and compare it to your compilations. Then decide what, if anything, I need to plan for in the next 10-20k miles or so. Like I said, your linked info is fantastic.

on the lighter side... I took my 5 yr old grandson out for a spin. He has mastered using seatbelt and extending the cup holder in rear seat! He is so proud!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve read that changes were made to Touareg during 2007 production year. Is there an easy way to know if a 2007 is a “Touareg 1” or a “Touareg 2”? I have been searching online but cant find anything specific. Maybe someone here at Club Touareg knows the quick answer.

here’s a quick photo of front of mine.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome, The wife and I both own 07 V8 FSI’s.
I do the wrenching on both and have inside both engines many times. Be glad to help if it’s needed
Regards, Mtnride

wow great. Glad to meet you 2007s awesome. I might be using you as a sounding board in the future. I am still studying the owners manual and learning what all the fancy stuff is and how to use it. Little by little.

·
Registered
665 Posts
You’re Touareg is a T1 body and headlight shape
with T2 roof racks. T1 electrical and stereo and T2 engine. Buying parts can be confusing. T1 engine code for V8 is AXQ, your engine V8 FSI engine code is BAR. The only thing I’ve found that is different between the 07 and 08/09 FSI’s is the bank 1 valve cover and gasket are slightly different. If you haven’t already found it, feel under the back windshield wiper for a small button that opens glass instead of the whole hatch

1 - 20 of 83 Posts