Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum and new to a touareg, looking for some help if anyone has had the same problem as me. Bit of background, I have a 2005 2.5 tdi touareg, only just bought it. Got it quite cheap as it has loads of smallish jobs need doing, I'm a mechanic by trade, always had 4x4s but this one has me stumped. Okay the problem is a vibration, quite violent, happens at a very specific time, 2200rpm to 2800 rpm when under load accelerating. Happens in any gear but feels worse it 5th and 6th. Above or below that rev it goes away. It makes the car judder, you can feel it resonate through the car but possibly feels worse at front end. Feels like a bad cv joint on a normal front wheel drive. I assumed it was the carden shaft so replaced immediately, but still the same. It doesnt feel like a misfire, but I have taken rocker box off, cam looks fine, no popping through inlet etc, engine runs well. I would like to guess it maybe bad tyres or a driveshaft but dont want to throw money at it guessing, was hoping someone has had same symptoms and found the cure. Sorry for long post and thankyou in advance for your help..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts