Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey T-Rex, as a matter of fact, yes. I have noticed exactly the same thing on mine.
When slowing down to approach a light or stop sign etc, it's like a shudder.
Two dealers/mechanics here in Toronto said ''It's nothing, don't worry about it'' although one DID manage to pinpoint the exhaust as the likely culprit.
Strangely, this seems to be less noticeable in summer for some reason???
LOVE to know what Chrysler part or weight Sergio used to resolve it.
I don't fancy a trip to Montreal to fix it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Nooby, the dealer is waiting for authorization from VW Canada as we speak.
They DID replace the prop shaft without any success or change.
This resulted in a question about the rear differential.
Apparently the technician feels there is something going on with that now.
My plan as it stands is to have the dealer perform the recommended TSB regarding brake installation and wheel installation before attacking the diff.
I will update as soon as I (hopefully) find a solution.
Glad your trip to the dentist went well and you still have teeth to pull!!!!!! :)
Cheers

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
My dentist is retiring next month and I suspect that's solely on the treatment fees I've paid him over the last 39 years!

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
UPDATE"

My dealer has performed the TSB regarding installation of brakes, no difference.
NOW he has decided that the problem may be in the rear differential.
His theory is based on him using a stethoscope to listen to the diff working noisily as compared to another Touareg on the hoist next to it that was quiet.
Having a differential replaced is a bigger undertaking than I had hoped for, but as they say............''IT IS WHAT IT IS''.
The dealer is working on VW Canada to try and get some of this cost under warranty, so hopefully I wont have to foot the whole bill.
To be continued.......................

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m having the same problem between 55-60km/h under or over this speed the car is smooth. When in the this speed zone I get a high frequency vibration at the rear End with no steering wheel shake.

I am hoping that someone can help me identify a vibration issue I am having on my 2014 V6 Touareg.
I have changed tires, rims and the impeller shaft all to no avail.
I get the vibration at 102km/h to 120km/hr all the time
I feel the vibration on the seat, very little on the steering wheel.
It becomes very distinctive when I let off the gas at say 110-115 km/hr although I can feel it under load, in any gear.
VW Dealer seems to be stumped.
I have had the car since 89,000 kms and it now has 115,000 kms, vibrating all the way :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ugh… I’m really hoping it’s not my rear diff too.

UPDATE"

My dealer has performed the TSB regarding installation of brakes, no difference.
NOW he has decided that the problem may be in the rear differential.
His theory is based on him using a stethoscope to listen to the diff working noisily as compared to another Touareg on the hoist next to it that was quiet.
Having a differential replaced is a bigger undertaking than I had hoped for, but as they say............''IT IS WHAT IT IS''.
The dealer is working on VW Canada to try and get some of this cost under warranty, so hopefully I wont have to foot the whole bill.
To be continued.......................

21 - 26 of 26 Posts