Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed a yellow exclamation mark within a triangle beside the vehicle menu. I assume this is some type of warning? When I select that menu it then displays a vehicle status menu. Selecting that menu displays a message that my service is due in 1200 km or 81 days. I cannot find any other messages nor do I see any other indication there might be something amiss.

I cannot see the service message as the source of the warning as it has the potential to be there for 81 days.

I have noticed the passenger side driving light is out. Could that be the source of the warning? If so I am surprised there is no message describing it as such. Our 2009 Touareg will give a message indicating which bulb is actually out.

Any advice on the source of this caution or warning I am seeing?

Thanks,
Dave Hughes

Attachments

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Have you looked in the manual?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you looked in the manual?

If I could find the source of the icon in the manual I would not have posted the question.

The Vehicle sub menu item Vehicle Status only appears if there is current warnings or text messages. There is a service interval message but I cannot see why that would generate an apparent warning? I could see getting a warning if the service was past due. I want to ensure I don't have an issue with the vehicle as it has had other problems requiring service even though it is new.

I sent the same image to the dealership and when asked the mechanic could not give a straight answer, surmised there was another menu I am not seeing. This is not the case, after the status menu the only other one related to the drivability of the vehicle that I can see is the tire pressure display which shows normal.

The manual lists the warning and indicator lights from pages 16 thru 19 with the yellow warnings on pages 17 & 18. That particular icon in the attached image is not present in those lists.

Hence the question.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Xeno,

No it does not go away with time. I did check the service on the RNS display and it indicates the oil level is fine. There are no other indications that something else is amiss except for that icon. The vehicle status menu also indicates if there is multiple messages to view there will be more than 1 page indicated. There is not.

I am beginning to think this warning icon appears when the service interval is close. I really don't want to reset it even though as you state it would answer my question as I will book a service likely after next week. I would rather have the icon present when I take it in so hopefully I can get a definitive answer.

If it is related to the service interval I would thought I could find it somewhere in the manual.

Thanks,
Dave Hughes

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mystery solved, it is a warning for an upcoming service.

My wife was on an errand and dropped into the dealership. The service advisor had no knowledge of the source of the warning so another mechanic and the service manager looked at the vehicle, they finally reset the service interval and the warning icon went away. They think the warning comes on when the distance to service is less than 1500 km but they would have to confirm it.

Dave Hughes

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did, clicking on the menu button takes you to the sub menu. The sub menu has the vehicle status menu which is only present when a warning or a text message is available. Clicking on that gave the impending service message. I had a hard time believing that an impending service could cause a warning. It is now moot as I now know the service is the source of the message but still, if an unresolved warning is present in the vehicle I would have expected the service people to be aware of it.

Thanks,
Dave Hughes

· Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,420 Posts
I had a hard time believing that an impending service could cause a warning
How else would an impending service be communicated? It's on it's countdown so not serious enough to warrant a more intrusive display.

AFAIK, the warnings will operate normally if the service regime is set correctly by the dealer - either Time/Distance or Variable Servicing - it seems to start 1,000 km (600 miles) before the service is due

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How else? Perhaps by just a message rather than a warning symbol that even a mechanic nor the service advisor at the dealership was aware of.

The service messages on my Tiguan and our other Touareg never generates a warning, the service message simply displays when the vehicles are started so I was not expecting anything different with this vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.